One of the files this plug-in needs cannot be found, please reinstall or contact technical support for assistance. [0x715]

RexRed

One of the files this plug-in needs cannot be found, please reinstall or contact technical support for assistance. [0x715]

Not sure what plug-in is causing this error message. How do I find out which plug-in is causing this?

It is also happening with Cakewalk by Bandlab.

This is occurring on projects that are about a year old but not on my really old projects.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I finally got Cakewalk Sonar to load in safe mode and I omitted all of my older Izotope products from loading and the project finally loaded.

Why does Sonar not like opening in safe mode? And this means I have to go back to about 100 songs load them and omit older Izotope programs from loading, then save them with a new name.

Why doesn't Sonar just come up with the box plugin not found?

This is probably the Ozone 9 or 10 package I was renting from splice.com which I don't want to install on top or along side of the Ozone 11 I am renting directly from Izotope (NI).

And another problem, safe mode rarely opens, instead I get a message, "Sonar will now personalize your user settings  by copying application data files. This my take a few moments click OK to continue or Cancel to abort the personalization".

Any way to get "Sonar" to load in safe  mode every time?

Thanks.

I figured out how to get safe mode to open, you double click on the file then real fast hold the shift key.

Now it is saying my files are read only and when I select them en masse remove read only it says it is applying but read only comes back.

On 8/6/2024 at 5:00 PM, RexRed said:

I figured out how to get safe mode to open, you double click on the file then real fast hold the shift key.

Now it is saying my files are read only and when I select them en masse remove read only it says it is applying but read only comes back.

You can hold the shift key before double clicking to open in safe mode, provided Sonar is already open.

Have you tried doing a scan of your disks, when files go missing it's the first thing I would do.

Edited by Wookiee
To clarify opening in safe mode.
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, RexRed said:

Not sure what plug-in is causing this error message. How do I find out which plug-in is causing this?

It is also happening with Cakewalk by Bandlab.

This is occurring on projects that are about a year old but not on my really old projects.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I remeber this error in the last CBB update and Sonar,was a VST Scan failure process, Noel give us another VST Scan  version to resolve.

I hope this help

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Wookiee said:

You can hold the shift key before double clicking to open in safe mode.

Have you tried doing a scan of your disks, when files go missing it's the first thing I would do.

With the latest version of Cakewalk Sonar, I have to double click the project file and then very quickly hold the shift key to get into safe mode.

If I hold shift and double click the project file I "always" get this message instead. "Sonar will now personalize your user settings  by copying application data files. This my take a few moments click OK to continue or Cancel to abort the personalization".

I did a scan when this all began, it found errors but did not fix this, I reinstalled Izotope and this did not fix it.

Edited by RexRed

7 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@RexRed that is what happens if you hold Ctrl key when opening Sonar.

On page 1744, that may have changed, of the Reference guide I have downloaded details the use of Safe Mode.

Apparently it has changed.

21 minutes ago, RexRed said:

Apparently it has changed.

I have just downloaded the latest version from the link in the main Cakewalk by Bandlab forum, and, oh look Safe Mode dialogue is on page 1744. Er that appears to imply it has not changed.

It still says if you hold down shift and keep it held before double clicking open a project it will open the project in safe mode. 

I am aware a new version has not yet to be released for Cakewalk Sonar. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

I have just downloaded the latest version from the link in the main Cakewalk by Bandlab forum, and, oh look Safe Mode dialogue is on page 1744. Er that appears to imply it has not changed.

It still says if you hold down shift and keep it held before double clicking open a project it will open the project in safe mode. 

I am aware a new version has not yet to be released for Cakewalk Sonar. 

When I hold the shift key and double click on  a project file, "every single time" I get this message: "Sonar will now personalize your user settings  by copying application data files. This my take a few moments click OK to continue or Cancel to abort the personalization". If I click OK or Cancel, Cakewalk attempts to load the file with corrupted VSTs and crashes. But, if I hold the shift key immediately after I double click then the safe mode dialogue opens instead. So apparently it has been changed, for whatever reasons. 

I discovered how to get safe mode to open by accident because it would not work otherwise.

Edited by RexRed

I think you’re pressing Shift in the wrong context. If you press Shift when opening the cwp file from File Explorer, you will get the "personalize user settings" message. However, if you press Shift when clicking Open inside CbB/Sonar’s File Open dialog, you will be asked which plugins, if any, you want to skip.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RexRed said:

When I hold the shift key and double click on  a project file, "every single time" I get this message: "Sonar will now personalize your user settings  by copying application data files. This my take a few moments click OK to continue or Cancel to abort the personalization". If I click OK or Cancel, Cakewalk attempts to load the file with corrupted VSTs and crashes. But, if I hold the shift key immediately after I double click then the safe mode dialogue opens instead. So apparently it has been changed, for whatever reasons. 

I discovered how to get safe mode to open by accident because it would not work otherwise.

You are trying this with Sonar already open? If you are trying to do this with Sonar closed then as @Canopus says you will get different results. You didn't state you were opening your projects with Sonar closed.

2 hours ago, RexRed said:

Why are you double clicking to open a file? You must be doing it from Windows which is the wrong way to go about it

Open it with a single click the the internal File Open dialog. Hold down shift BEFORE you click it to enter Safe Mode

@RexRed went and did some research, thought that might be more useful, rather than make ill-informed or pointless contributions. 

If Sonar is open and you double click on a project it will open in safe mode.

If Sonar is closed it does not open in safe mode, it copies the personalization files.

To open in safe mode open Sonar first, then use shift. 

On 8/6/2024 at 4:45 PM, GIM Productions said:

I remeber this error in the last CBB update and Sonar,was a VST Scan failure process, Noel give us another VST Scan  version to resolve.

I hope this help

@GIM Productions

Could you point me to where that posting was - I'm seeing this with a Tonex plugin onCBB

Syphus

51 minutes ago, Syphus said:

@GIM Productions

Could you point me to where that posting was - I'm seeing this with a Tonex plugin onCBB

Syphus

Never mind - I found the thread . . .

Several New Instrument and Plugin Updates no longer work as VST3s

Just a note:  I was having trouble loading the VST3 version of the tonex plugin - was telling me the file was missing. After I updated the vstscanner

It now opens.

thanks @GIM Productions for bring it up . . .

Edited by Syphus
update with thread name
  • Like 1