On a Roll Tonight

noynekker

Hey Sonar monkeys . . . here's something I've been mixing for quite a while. Had a lot of trouble mixing this, mostly because I recorded it in a different way. I used an analog mix console, instead of computer in the box, and what can I say, but the ears play tricks when you change the methodology . . . let me know what you think.

• Like 3

Hi there. Thanks for the kind words regarding my song.

I love the 80's vibe of this. I see what you mean regards the troubles - it sounds like the drums were done in a whole nudder place and time. The rest of the mix sits where it's supposed to and is actually great. Love the song though. Ever thought to drop the tracks into 'the box' and then redrum it after sync-locking the time (if it can be done?) 

Fun tune though. Great 3+ minutes of song! Hope you work out the issues. I'd like to hear this wrapped in bow, ya know? 🙂

Later,

M

On 8/6/2024 at 12:58 AM, Martin Barret said:

Hi there. Thanks for the kind words regarding my song.

I love the 80's vibe of this. I see what you mean regards the troubles - it sounds like the drums were done in a whole nudder place and time. The rest of the mix sits where it's supposed to and is actually great. Love the song though. Ever thought to drop the tracks into 'the box' and then redrum it after sync-locking the time (if it can be done?) 

Fun tune though. Great 3+ minutes of song! Hope you work out the issues. I'd like to hear this wrapped in bow, ya know? 🙂

Later,

M

Thanks for your comments Martin, much appreciated . . . I worked on the drums and put up another mix, getting closer, but still some things . . .

13 hours ago, freddy j said:

Sounds good to me also.  I particularly like the panning of the Back Ground Vocals!

@freddy j thanks Freddy ! . . . my back-up singers were all standing off to the left, glad it worked for you 😉

Bruce , You've sure got some great energy flowing in this one. I Love the harmony in your chorus tracks and that changeup around the 2 min. and the 2:45 marks.  Killer bass tack as well.  

No crits or suggestions from me ..     I'll bet you enjoyed grabbing the faders instead of the mouse ..

Loved it ..  mark