Anyone found a fix for Ozone 11 (and other Izotope VST products) not resizing right?

RexRed

Anyone found a fix for Ozone 11 (and other Izotope VST products) not resizing right?

Initially the interface and other Izotope products open and they are way too small.

When I click Enable Plugin DPI Awareness the window gets bigger but the Izotope windows stay small and too hard to see well.

I have been recording with Cakewalk in 4k resolution for about 6 years now, not planning on going back to 1080p...

If you have a solution to this please share it. Thanks! 😄

It's a known problem with Izotope plugins, and not just with Sonar either... other DAW's are having DPI problems with Izotope plugins too.

Izotope are aware of the issue, so I guess its just a matter of waiting for them to implement DPI support in their plugins.

The only workaround is to disable DPI awareness in Sonar - this essentially makes it behave as CbB did... but it'll affect the entire app and all other plugins too.

Personally, I'd just avoid using Ozone 11 in my projects.  If I need it for mastering, I'll run it standalone with a stereo mixdown of my project.  I find Ozone grinds my machine to a halt on the best of days, so I avoid using the VST for that reason too.

On 8/6/2024 at 3:37 PM, msmcleod said:

It's a known problem with Izotope plugins, and not just with Sonar either... other DAW's are having DPI problems with Izotope plugins too.

Izotope are aware of the issue, so I guess its just a matter of waiting for them to implement DPI support in their plugins.

The only workaround is to disable DPI awareness in Sonar - this essentially makes it behave as CbB did... but it'll affect the entire app and all other plugins too.

Personally, I'd just avoid using Ozone 11 in my projects.  If I need it for mastering, I'll run it standalone with a stereo mixdown of my project.  I find Ozone grinds my machine to a halt on the best of days, so I avoid using the VST for that reason too.

Curiously, iZotope discontinued their "standalone" versions starting with Ozone 10 . . . so, you have to do an export of your mix, then start a new Cakewalk project with Ozone on the master bus. Then you can turn off DPI awareness, and run Ozone as a full window if needed.

Ozone 7 had a real issue with display resolution - you had to get it in some odd setting for it to work right. Ozone 8 partly cured it, and Ozone 9 seems to not have the display resolution issues. Ozone 10 and 11 have basically static-sized controls on sizeable windows and are plugin only.  i think 11 looks better with the dpi enabled but ymmv