PluginBoutique DriveMod $1 plus freebie

Fleer

Order was €0,90. Applied €0,89 virtual cash so the order wouldn’t be zero. Didn’t get free gift. Didn’t even want the stupid distortion. Have written to support. 

• Great Idea 1
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Order was €0,90. Applied €0,89 virtual cash so the order wouldn’t be zero. Didn’t get free gift. Didn’t even want the stupid distortion. Have written to support. 

That's pretty rough.. I cut it fine and paid 11 cents to be on the safer side. I only did it for K7D delay and almost wasn't going to bother installing the DriveMod. It shows having to install that crappy Beatport thing, but that's not right.  You're just downloading a standalone installer for the plugin and no Beatport required.

Surprisingly DriveMod sounds somewhat half reasonable and a little different.. pleasantly surprised.. I may even use it! 🤣

• Like 2

drivemod is one of those plugins re-done by PB after they took over Soundspot plugins, its basically The RAVAGE plugin just different design

its ripp off from pluginboutique they did not give owners of those plugins their own release for free

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That's pretty rough.. I cut it fine and paid 11 cents to be on the safer side. I only did it for K7D delay and almost wasn't going to bother installing the DriveMod. It shows having to install that crappy Beatport thing, but that's not right.  You're just downloading a standalone installer for the plugin and no Beatport required.

Surprisingly DriveMod sounds somewhat half reasonable and a little different.. pleasantly surprised.. I may even use it! 🤣

Their refund policy is pretty clear. As long as it’s not activated or downloaded you can get money back if you ask within 14 days so it’ll work out whatever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Vst0nE said:

drivemod is one of those plugins re-done by PB after they took over Soundspot plugins, its basically The RAVAGE plugin just different design

its ripp off from pluginboutique they did not give owners of those plugins their own release for free

That's exactly why I wasn't going to bother installing it and I had such low expectations. I wonder if they tweaked, or improved any of the algorithms. I don't remember Ravage sounding as good.

I'm terms of rip off, I guess it depends on whether they bought the company, or just the assets (source code for their plugins), or were granted access to use the code, or licensed, or given it for free. If they didn't buy the company, then they're really under no obligation. Of course it would be nice, but they don't owe anything.

There might be something in the EULA / terms and conditions for it which might shed some light, but I don't really know what they legally acquired otherwise. It didn't sound like they bought the company to me.

• Great Idea 1

29 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That's exactly why I wasn't going to bother installing it and I had such low expectations. I wonder if they tweaked, or improved any of the algorithms. I don't remember Ravage sounding as good.

I'm terms of rip off, I guess it depends on whether they bought the company, or just the assets (source code for their plugins), or were granted access to use the code, or licensed, or given it for free. If they didn't buy the company, then they're really under no obligation. Of course it would be nice, but they don't owe anything.

There might be something in the EULA / terms and conditions for it which might shed some light, but I don't really know what they legally acquired otherwise. It didn't sound like they bought the company to me.

PB probably did not tweak anything, just new design to get some funds. waproduction is doing similar things with those cheap plugins from someone else.

it would not be economical to invest as those Soundspot plugins were on sale 5 plugins for £5/ twice a year

i just opened them both ravage vs drivemod and seems pretty much the same, yes names of presets are different

however what was deal between soundspot/PB we dont know

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I only did it for K7D delay

I tried to register this and the serial didn't work.

Did it work for everyone else here?

1 hour ago, BTP said:

I tried to register this and the serial didn't work.

Did it work for everyone else here?

Worked fine for me. Just downloaded the trial direct off the Imaginando site and then logged in/activated from within the plugin in the DAW and entered the serial from PiB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audioschmaudio said:

Soundspot has a very bad reputation. Is that refurbished PB version even worth getting?

I wouldn't buy it for that, but I thought it might be worth it for K7D as I had lots of fun with Imaginando's DRC synth and their FRMS FM synth. DRC has quite a nice analog'ish warm sound, so the tape delay for $0.11 (Or $1 without any PiB virtual cash) is a good deal 🙂

None of my Soundspot plugins get any use, although I do remember Union being lightyears better than that free Behringer softsynth.

A few members on here praise their plugins, so some might be OK.

K7D was crazy cheap during their semi recent anniversary sale too, but this was even cheaper again.

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

I wouldn't buy it for that, but I thought it might be worth it for K7D as I had lots of fun with Imaginando's DRC synth and their FRMS FM synth. DRC has quite a nice analog'ish warm sound, so the tape delay for $0.11 (Or $1 without any PiB virtual cash) is a good deal 🙂

None of my Soundspot plugins get any use, although I do remember Union being lightyears being better than that free Behringer softsynth.

K7D was crazy cheap during their semi recent anniversary sale too, but this was even cheaper again.

You also get £0,20 vc back if you rate it. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

20 minutes ago, Rave Sbor said:

Did anyone try to use K7D?, Whats your impression?

I've got it installed, but haven't had much time to use it yet. I do quite like two of their synths though, so they do make some quality software.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrFigg said:

I’m just annoyed I need to wait for a refund of my €0,89. 

I've been a bit worried in the past about that happening. Did you happen to notice if it stripped it from the cart once you applied the virtual cash? Or does it stay in the cart but you just don't get it once you've checked out?

5 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I've been a bit worried in the past about that happening. Did you happen to notice if it stripped it from the cart once you applied the virtual cash? Or does it stay in the cart but you just don't get it once you've checked out?

There’s a number of possibilities. I first applied the full €0,90 and it said I wouldn’t be eligible as balance could t be zero. I then changed it to €0,89 which it accepted but it’s possible the freebie was removed from my cart automatically the first time. Other possibility is that even though my price should have been €0,01 the final amount to pay was €0.00. 

24 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

There’s a number of possibilities. I first applied the full €0,90 and it said I wouldn’t be eligible as balance could t be zero. I then changed it to €0,89 which it accepted but it’s possible the freebie was removed from my cart automatically the first time. Other possibility is that even though my price should have been €0,01 the final amount to pay was €0.00. 

Yeah a few of those seem plausible. I was almost tempted to just save the virtual cash and use it on something more expensive to avoid the risk, but the worst case scenario wasn't too bad anyway.