Before I Upgrade to Cakewake Sonar

dragos

I currently have both Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by BandLab installed.

Upon upgrading  to Cakewalk Sonar, I would like to be able to remove both Platinum and CbB, without losing any plug-ins or projects.

I understand there is a new version of the Command Center that may allow this as long as I have the Platinum Serial Numbers.

Is this true?

An installer that does all this is probably too much to ask for, so I am asking for explicit instructions.

What folders need to be moved where?

What order should things be installed and removed?

Should I use the Microsoft Control Panel uninstaller or is there a better method?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Can I ask why you want to do this? The  amount of disc space you'd reclaim would be pretty small.

And if you're really that short of space, I'd consider getting a bigger drive

This ^^^^^^

12 hours ago, dragos said:

I currently have both Sonar Platinum and Cakewalk by BandLab installed.

Upon upgrading  to Cakewalk Sonar, I would like to be able to remove both Platinum and CbB, without losing any plug-ins or projects.

I understand there is a new version of the Command Center that may allow this as long as I have the Platinum Serial Numbers.

Is this true?

An installer that does all this is probably too much to ask for, so I am asking for explicit instructions.

What folders need to be moved where?

What order should things be installed and removed?

Should I use the Microsoft Control Panel uninstaller or is there a better method?

Thanks.

I'd leave your SONAR Platinum install in place as it's got the additional third party plugin bundles that are still very useful. The apps themselves really aren't significantly large on the disk, but if you wanted to remove things, just do that before installing the newer versions. 

We did update C3 a little while back to coincide with a back end change, that'll still install the Platinum era products as before. 

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2024 at 2:23 AM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Can I ask why you want to do this? The  amount of disc space you'd reclaim would be pretty small.

And if you're really that short of space, I'd consider getting a bigger drive

Partly. The main drive is 2TB M2 so it is large enough  and fast enough, I've got about 550 GB in use. It takes clonezilla  about an 1.5 hours to make a backup.

Mostly, I just don't like the clutter.

40 minutes ago, dragos said:

Partly. The main drive is 2TB M2 so it is large enough  and fast enough, I've got about 550 GB in use. It takes clonezilla  about an 1.5 hours to make a backup.

Mostly, I just don't like the clutter.

In that case I highly recommend you leave your installation(s) as they are. You run the risk of borking something which later proves a pain to rectify.

As I said earlier, the space you reclaim would be negligible.