Set/Measure Beat At Now

Hello,

I would be extremely thankful if anyone can help me with the following issue.

I have a project with midi and audio data. Tempo is 56 BPM but I need some rallentando and ritenuto here and there. I thought I can use Set/Measure Beat At Now (SMBAN) each time I need some deviation from the main tempo. But it doesn't work. For example:

(Picture 1). I have a rallentando in the end of measure 8 and therefore my actual start of measure 9 is a bit further away ( where " Now" ruler is now).  Here is where I need my measure 9 to begin. I do Set/Measure Beat At Now but what it actually does: it does not set new bit 1 for measure 9 but it pulls back all the midi data to the existing bit 1 of measure 9. It also squeezes midi data in measure 8. And also changes the tempo for the whole project. I tried a lot of options for locking some clips: it doesn't help... the whole previous fragment (before SMBAN) is corrupted in a weird way. 

What I hoped for was: by putting SMBAN I tell Sonar: "we have a fresh start at "now" with the same tempo 56 BPM. Please consider it as Bit 1 of Measure 9. Without changing any MIDI data and audio data.  Just make tempo rallentando at the end of previous measure 8. 

Please let me know, is there a way to do this?

Best regards

Andrew   

Sonar 2.jpg

Sonar 1.jpg

Edited by Andrejs Svjatoha

SMBAN is going to give you prompt jumps and flat tops like in Glenn's picture above. In order to achieve rallentando, the tempo map is your friend. While SMBAN can drive "anchor points" in the piece to define the measure "map," you will need to adjust the tempo to get the slope you desire like what Jonesey posted above.

• Like 1

The suggestions to use the tempo map are correct for this situation. SMBAN is for aligning the time line with a real-time performance that already has a variable tempo. I suggest setting snap at the smallest note value in the MIDI at that point to draw a tempo change at each note/chord.

• Like 1