Traffic

Grem

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I didn't realize the sax player used a wah-wah!!

That is interesting, since the sax can't be muted like a trumpet can. It is even more interesting that the Cry Baby was first made in '67... although a few others existed earlier in the decade, that is almost "cutting edge" forethought into the tools available at that time. The late 60s/early 70s had a lot of new toys made and (of course) folks were seeing what else they could do with them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craigb said:

Traffic Jam? 

(Duh! ? )

Duh!! 

Yep it went way over my head.

This is the CHF. I ain't thinking that hard around here!!

LOL!

4 hours ago, mettelus said:

that is almost "cutting edge" forethought into the tools available at that time.

And the fact that he had his own mixer up on stage with him. Looked like it was going to that Acoustic amp behind him with the full range speakers. Appeared to be 2x15" and the horn. That was cutting edge for the time.

1 hour ago, Grem said:

And the fact that he had his own mixer up on stage with him. Looked like it was going to that Acoustic amp behind him with the full range speakers. Appeared to be 2x15" and the horn. That was cutting edge for the time.

ACOUSTIC 260 it was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

the only time I ever saw Eric and Ginger in concert

First time I saw Eric was when he went out with Mark Knopfler playing with him on stage. He was on top of his game. I know I have said this before, but it's worth repeating.

When I went to see Eric that first time, I wasn't expecting much. He was on MTV all day long with the stuff off Journeyman. And I got to admit, "No Alibis" is one of Eric's best. A top fav of mine. So I went to see him. All through my years reading about music and guitar players I had read all the stories about Eric being called God and all the bs stories about people thinking how great he was. I am going see him, and I flet there is no way in the world he is gonna live up to all this hype. It's impossible. No one could. When he played "Wonderful Tonight" the hair on the back of my neck was standing up. I turned to tell my wife and she said hers hair was standing up too. Then I looked around at the crowd and saw that he had everyone in some kind of emotional spell. I looked down at  him on the stage and wondered WTF did he have!!? I knew how to play that song, I knew the notes, I knew the lick. But I ain't never played it like that. 

I have never been moved by any musician like that. Ever.

Not that he needed it or wanted it, but he earned my greatest repect that night.

BTW, the best lick in rock guitar history happens around 3:58 on the outro lead of "Let it Rain". F'n genius. 

13 hours ago, Bapu said:

ACOUSTIC 260 it was.

The last cover band I was in (senior year in high school), one of our guitarists had one of those for performances. He had an ACOUSTIC 160 (IIRC) for rehearsals.

He was from a pretty well off family.

The other guitarist and I only had one amp each. ? 

21 hours ago, Grem said:

Great video of them in thier heyday. I didn't realize the sax player used a wah-wah!!

Back in the day, I had a pickup that attached to my reed and connected it to both an octave splitter (added a lower octave) and a wah pedal.

It was a lot of fun, but a bit of a PITA. The pickup attached to the reed by some sticky, putty like substance, that became very difficult to find.

Notes ♫

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

The pickup attached to the reed by some sticky, putty like substance, that became very difficult to find.

Used chewing gum??? ?

(Check under the chair!!!)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

a pickup that attached to my reed

You can see he has some sort of Pizeo mic hooked up close to the reed. Don't kow if it's on it though.

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

connected it to both an octave splitter (added a lower octave) and a wah pedal.

Now that was cutting edge. Was it psychedelic music or just regular pop/jazz?