King L, wherefore art thou!

Fleer

17 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I am afraid to even ask why he’s gone. But I ain’t going to KRV and have to deal with those  nut jobs there . 

Yep.
Send him word to get back to Larry’s Place. 

So far as I know, there is no rule saying we cannot seek information on different forums (or chat, for that matter). If anyone wants to leave a specific forum, that is his or her choice.  For example, if several contributors to one forum want to create and host their own forum, they can do that, too.  They can even define their own rules for their own forum.  

Caveat: I have no inside knowledge from anyone; I only know what had been posted. 

Edited by User 905133
added a missing word ("own")

Larry keeps a personal sale thread over at KVR:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=589412

And if you're logged in, you can always PM him directly:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=287583

If that's where you choose to try to contact him, you'll probably have better luck with one of those methods, as opposed to the main sales thread. (The "no chat" edict tends to be enforced rather strenuously, so those posts are likely to disappear from the thread at some point.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

So far as I know, there is no rule saying we cannot seek information on different forums (or chat, for that matter). If anyone wants to leave a specific forum, that is his or her choice.  For example, if several contributors to one forum want to create and host their own forum, they can do that, too.  They can even define their own rules for their own forum.  

Caveat: I have no inside knowledge from anyone; I only know what had been posted. 

Larryland !

I really loved this place. Used to come here every day. I don't feel like buying more plugins, instruments or, god forbid, DAWs, but I enjoyed the vibe of this community. It was great with Larry and even better when Mr. Anderton was around. And scook. And azslow. I still love (platonically) all regulars, mods and devs, and just wish people were more appreciative of unsung heroes who grace us with their presence.

• Like 9

Presuming this is related to the removal of posts relating to other DAWs?  Shame as everything is structured nice on here and allows for discussion on each item.  Rather than one massive deal thread.

What mods those higher up need to appreciate is that many are not Cakewalk users and have signed up purely for this deal section... That's my position anyway, and by coming here could lead me to using Cakewalk in future.  Things work both ways.

Edited by Skijumptoes
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

This place is empty without him. 

Please convey that to him for me as well. I can’t PM there at KVR because my post count is too low. I guess I could just “post” twice (that’s right, two posts) but when I was offered a “charter” membership to Procrastinators Unanimous, well I just never got around to it…

t

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't be surprised if he was just avoiding the forum until they sort out some of the stability and bug issues it's had lately. With all the deals he posts, having to redo some of them when they have site issues would get on your nerves.

• Like 1