VSTBuzz Closing Down Sale In August

cclarry

Sorry @cclarry - my interpretation of the title is that VSTBuzz will shut down soon. But I don't see any news of that on their website. Was it announced somewhere else, or have I misunderstood something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, antler said:

Sorry @cclarry - my interpretation of the title is that VSTBuzz will shut down soon. But I don't see any news of that on their website. Was it announced somewhere else, or have I misunderstood something?

They will shut down at the end of August.  The sale will be from Aug. 1st to Aug 31st

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

It'll be interesting to see how that's dealt with. I don't remember a site actually telling its users there are shutting down.  Just in case, I've gone through and copied all the plugins, instructions and serials for safe keeping.

• Great Idea 3

From another forum:

> Will be posting more information shortly, but just to let you know, VSTBuzz is going to be closing down next month. However we're going out with a bang. We'll be re-running our best deals from the past few years again

• Like 1

Wow. That's crazy.

I'd always thought they were raking in the dough with that little site. Guess not? Or they're fat and happy now and retiring? I'd like to know.

I guess I'll have to download like 150+ purchases over the last 10 years to ensure I have everything... That part sucks.

• Like 1

I clicked on my user account and got this message...

"Error establishing a Redis connection

To disable Redis, delete the object-cache.php file in the /wp-content/ directory."

Anybody know what it is?

Edited by MrFigg

3 hours ago, MrFigg said:

I clicked on my user account and got this message...

"Error establishing a Redis connection

To disable Redis, delete the object-cache.php file in the /wp-content/ directory."

Anybody know what it is?

Is a common problem with Redis Cache and Wordpress
There is information about it searching with Google or Bing

9 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Is a common problem with Redis Cache and Wordpress
There is information about it searching with Google or Bing

Thanks. Says I should delete object-cache.php file in the /wp-content/ directory but I can't find it on my pc anywhere. Have tried logging in on my account using Firefox,Edge and Safari (on my phone). Any ideas?

29 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Thanks. Says I should delete object-cache.php file in the /wp-content/ directory but I can't find it on my pc anywhere. Have tried logging in on my account using Firefox,Edge and Safari (on my phone). Any ideas?

You could delete the cookies of your browser for this site, but when I do login, I get the same error

For Chrome and PC, you could use ChocoChip - Cookie Manager

Edited by Niky Serrano

2 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Says I should delete object-cache.php file in the /wp-content/ directory but I can't find it on my pc anywhere

It's not on your PC, it's on the server.

I managed to log in without problems.

One thing you can try is using a private window (Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+P). Sometimes that helps with issues because it's like a blank slate, no cookies and such from previous visits.

9 hours ago, Rational said:

Wow. That's crazy.

I'd always thought they were raking in the dough with that little site. Guess not? Or they're fat and happy now and retiring? I'd like to know.

I guess I'll have to download like 150+ purchases over the last 10 years to ensure I have everything... That part sucks.

Only 10+ here. Still…

They used to be great many years ago. For instance, in 2016 I bought DS Audio Tantra at 60% off for $25, and all its expansions for an additional $15. In 2018 I bought Audiofier Abstrung, Vesper and Aerkord at 75% off for $12 each. Great products and great prices. But then something happened. The deals became more meh for each new sale, and I finally cancelled my newsletter subscription.

• Like 4