Have they added per plugin oversampling yet like Reaper has?

Because when they do, that's when I will purchase.   All we have ever had is the X2 button and that simply isn't enough anymore for me.  Give us 2, 4, and x8 OS per plug or simply per effects bin, that would be just fine and I would jump right in.

On 7/17/2024 at 6:44 PM, JeffSouth said:

the X2 button and that simply isn't enough anymore for me

Yeah, Sonar's plug-in oversampling is still just 2X

I'm curious which specific plug-ins are benefiting from the 4X and 8X over the 2X. A lot of newer plug-ins (MeldaProduction) either have their own oversampling options or just do it internally anyway.

In my testing, with some plug-ins (mostly older synths like Hybrid 3) I can hear the results of 2X, but after that, there's nothing. Theoretically (although I'm a fan of empirical over theoretical when it comes to these matters), at 2X it's already way far away from the Nyquist. Testing with Plugin Doctor concurs.

I also get the same audible results when I leave oversampling off and just export the whole project at 88.2K. I suppose you could try doing the 2X on the plug-ins where you can hear it and then export at 88.2 or 96 and maybe get similar results to 4X, but if you want it on a granular (no pun) level, REAPER is it.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1

We've always had the ability to upsample at higher than 2x for ages, but its not in the UX.
Read the help - the upsampling settings are in aud.ini

https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=CakewalkSonar&language=3&help=Mixing.25.html

The {Plug-in CLSID}.SampleRate= variable specifies the per plug-in upsampling rate. It defaults to a value of 0 (zero), which means “resample at twice the project sample rate”. The max sample rate is 384000 Hz. This variable is not stored in the Aud.ini file by default, so it must be manually added if you want to change a plug-in’s upsample rate (Tip: copy the CLSID from the corresponding EnableFlags= variable).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1