W

equality

Instrumental synth and guitar based tune with hopefully some techno rythm to it. I would be glad for some feedback. Should it be longer? Is the outro too crowded?  (Made a new outro.)I hoped for some peaking in intensity here (before the outro).

Edited by equality
updated info after remix
  • Like 5

On 7/16/2024 at 2:43 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi 

I like this but I do think that break in the middle from about 1.04 to 2.00 is too long.

Apart from that enjoyable

Nigel

You are probably right. It's a bit disproportionate in relation to the rest. I have no idea which part to cut, though, LoL Thanks for important view.

How am I the first to give the original post a like???? Come on, friends, it deserves some likes!

Thanks so much for sharing. I have no criticism, I merely enjoyed your writing and playing. I liked it so much I went to and listened to a bunch of your other songs and gave them likes. I really enjoy your musical imagination and playing. Really tasteful playing and songwriting. I enjoyed a bunch of your tracks, but this one especially resonated with me -- the song, the playing, the mix. I'll be following you on SoundCloud (under my pseudonym from my playing days, Peter Woods). 

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 7/18/2024 at 1:17 AM, bjornpdx said:

I like the pattern explorations that make me wonder where you're going with them next. Seems about right lengthwise.
-Bjorn

Many thanks Björn! Appreciate your listening and comments. 

On 7/18/2024 at 4:07 AM, Kevin Walsh said:

This piece engaged me right away and held my interest all the way  through. I don't know if the middle part is too long or not, but I really like it.  Very well done.

Thank you very much Kevin. I am glad you liked it. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 5:06 PM, PavlovsCat said:

How am I the first to give the original post a like???? Come on, friends, it deserves some likes!

Thanks so much for sharing. I have no criticism, I merely enjoyed your writing and playing. I liked it so much I went to and listened to a bunch of your other songs and gave them likes. I really enjoy your musical imagination and playing. Really tasteful playing and songwriting. I enjoyed a bunch of your tracks, but this one especially resonated with me -- the song, the playing, the mix. I'll be following you on SoundCloud (under my pseudonym from my playing days, Peter Woods). 

Your comments made me very happy. I am very grateful for those and for your kind kudos on Soundcloud! Seems like we share similar musical roots. I'll check your uploads on Soundcloud as well. Cheers! 

10 minutes ago, equality said:

Your comments made me very happy. I am very grateful for those and for your kind kudos on Soundcloud! Seems like we share similar musical roots. I'll check your uploads on Soundcloud as well. Cheers! 

Haha, don't worry about listening to my stuff. I was once a very good drummer (mediocre on piano and organ) who spent 12 years playing semi professionally, but that was ages ago. I had an injury and tendinitis stopped me from playing. A few years ago I started attempting to play again,  but I'm not very good anymore due to physical limitations and 20+ years without practice.  But you're very talented and I wanted to encourage you. 

On 7/18/2024 at 5:19 PM, Alper Karamahmutoglu said:

Great stuff, everything balanced, personally, no need to make the outro longer than it is now. Very well done!

Thanks for your listening and nice comments! 

On 7/20/2024 at 1:55 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

This is wonderful!  I wouldn't change a thing, but I don't have your chops.  I particularly like that ending.

I am sure you do have more than so! Thanks a million. I am very grateful. ?

On 7/13/2024 at 12:16 PM, equality said:

Instrumental synth and guitar based tune with hopefully some techno rythm to it. I would be glad for some feedback. Should it be longer? Is the outro too crowded? I hoped for some peaking in intensity here.

Nice - somehow increasing the drive would be beneficial.  I think it has to do with the bass part.

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 10:46 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice - somehow increasing the drive would be beneficial.  I think it has to do with the bass part.

Thanks Steve for listening and feedback! My knowledge of bass playing is rudimentary. 

Edited by equality