She Plays Rush Song She Never Heard

Grem

It caught me off guard that she had never heard Limelight before, and her mindset of just tearing into it rather than over analyze it was impressive and the absolute best choice IMO... that showed off her mindset and skill set from the get go.

As I was watching her go it reminded me of one of my favorite quotes: "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." When you have a seasoned expert present, this tends to always be the case. Incredibly skilled with a  great personality and sense of humility, that is going to take her far.

Pitting her (or anyone) against Neil Peart is a real challenge... I cannot image anyone not ever hearing Tom Sawyer, but as I watched her I wondered what she would do with that. Limelight has had so much air time, I am still shocked she hadn't heard it before!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 2:13 AM, mettelus said:

she had never heard Limelight before

Yes, that was hard to believe!! But there's stuff she loves that we've never heard!!

her mindset of just tearing into it rather than over analyze it was impressive

Yes agreed.

they will surprise you with their ingenuity

Yep!!

Incredibly skilled with a  great personality and sense of humility, that is going to take her far.

Yes. And to be honest, for having never hearing the song, she did it justice. 

Pitting her (or anyone) against Neil Peart is a real challenge...

100% The that hosted the video was just as surprised as we are she never heard the song. Wonder what was going through thier head when she told them that!! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grem said:

100% The that hosted the video was just as surprised as we are she never heard the song. Wonder what was going through thier head when she told them that!! 

"Is she an alien?"

Watched yesterday.  Yes, it IS hard to believe she's never heard of Rush or the Professor before but the funniest part was she actually had drumsticks with his signature on them! ?

Good video!

• Like 1