Newfangled Audio - The Synth Sale - Generate $49 or less...

psionx

• 2 weeks later...

That's an academic code. Pretty sure it says somewhere in some EULA that anyone not part an academic institution at the time of purchase is not allowed to use it. It's likely all of you guys just bought illegal licences. But I guess now they're on your iLok and no-one will ever check... or will they?

1 minute ago, MrFigg said:

What is it that makes it 10 times $34 good?

It's really the only synth of its kind that I know of. Does the filthy texture/pad thing better than anything else and even does it with MPE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

It's really the only synth of its kind that I know of. Does the filthy texture/pad thing better than anything else and even does it with MPE. 

Aa right. So it’s quite harsh for the most part?

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

Aa right. So it’s quite harsh for the most part?

Harsh but very organic. Think Dawesome stuff but dark, mysterious, chaotic, intense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MusicMan said:

The Eventide pedals are crap?

No, the Strymon and Boss clones I bought are total crap. They were bargain price purchases which went straight back in the packaging and post after 5 minutes. The univibe I bought in the other hand is very nice. I truly believe that Eventide pedals are great but I’m not one for deep digital submenus for minute tweaking hence avoidance of Strymon, Eventide, empress  etc. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

No, the Strymon and Boss clones I bought are total crap. They were bargain price purchases which went straight back in the packaging and post after 5 minutes. The univibe I bought in the other hand is very nice. I truly believe that Eventide pedals are great but I’m not one for deep digital submenus for minute tweaking hence avoidance of Strymon, Eventide, empress  etc. 

That makes sense. I hadn't heard too many complaints about their stuff at all, although I do see where you're coming from with submenus. They can suck in general on synths and other hardware. You can get some desktop editors for some of them, but the nice thing about hardware is getting away from the screens. At least you were able to return them OK.

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That makes sense. I hadn't heard too many complaints about their stuff at all, although I do see where you're coming from with submenus. They can suck in general on synths and other hardware. You can get some desktop editors for some of them, but the nice thing about hardware is getting away from the screens. At least you were able to return them OK.

Yeah. Was mainly just to see if they were any good. JHS said the  circuit in one was a complete duplicate and 60 cycle hum gave the other a good review. 
TC Electronic time prints are about as close as I’d come to extra tweaking but I have never ventured into the desktop editor. I may have to soon though as the pulse in the viscous vibe is too fast even on slowest setting. 

• Like 1