Melodyne 5 with Cakewalk Sonar isn't smooth...

When I open Melodyne it comes up as a very very small window that needs to be maximized it view.  I almost didn't see it at first.  Not a problem in CbB.

I never mentioned it before because some trolls on this forum hate people who use Melodyne and I didn't want to deal with abuse.

?John B

1 hour ago, Johnbee58 said:

When I open Melodyne it comes up as a very very small window that needs to be maximized it view.  I almost didn't see it at first.  Not a problem in CbB.

I never mentioned it before because some trolls on this forum hate people who use Melodyne and I didn't want to deal with abuse.

?John B

This is already logged and in the fix queue 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Jaime Ramírez said:

HI Bakers..

Please check the Sonar behavior with Melodyne.. The cursor in the Melodyne window isn't accurate (slow) and not smooth. In Cakewalk By Bandlab is fine...

Thanks for you attention...

What is your display configuration? Resolution, display scaling, multiple monitors, etc.

• Like 1

@Jaime Ramírez Are you referring to the Melodyne time display play head when you say "cursor".
Typically plugins display their time info using timers. In Sonar we have a more optimized way to display our playhead so its possible that Melodyne itself is not very optimized for displaying its time. That would be something for Celemony to look into.
Also, if this is happening in a specific project, it may be that some other plugin is hogging the UI thread and blocking updates in Melodyne as a result. As mentioned, we're not seeing this across the board.

All UI in windows or Mac is single threaded. Unless you are using something like direct 2d.
Windows supports multiple threaded UI messages but pretty much nothing uses it due to compatibility issues and other complexities. We utilize multiple threads for UI only for toast notifications. What we use are higher priority messages rather than timers for things like metering and now time updates.

So yes, the more plugins or other components that are keeping the UI thread busy the more lag will be perceived. We typically don't do expensive operations on the UI thread unless its a command and the UI needs to be intentionally blocked.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

What is your display configuration? Resolution, display scaling, multiple monitors, etc.

The problem is when the display scale isn't in 100% (95%) (i tested in 100%, and is fine). Can you fix this??

22 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Not seeing any cursor difference between Sonar & CbB with Melodyne 5 here - mind you, I'm running at 1080P / 100%.

The problem is when the display scale isn't in 100% (95%) (i tested in 100%, and is fine). Can you fix this??

18 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

All UI in windows or Mac is single threaded. Unless you are using something like direct 2d.
Windows supports multiple threaded UI messages but pretty much nothing uses it due to compatibility issues and other complexities. We utilize multiple threads for UI only for toast notifications. What we use are higher priority messages rather than timers for things like metering and now time updates.

So yes, the more plugins or other components that are keeping the UI thread busy the more lag will be perceived. We typically don't do expensive operations on the UI thread unless its a command and the UI needs to be intentionally blocked.

reason to ask is if the melodyne app itself handles scaling of the UI - i've alway found it to be pretty rigid in terms of sizing. i've got no issues in Sonar, Next, or CbB but i'm running 100% 1920x1200

Edited by Glenn Stanton

5 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

reason to ask is if the melodyne app itself handles scaling of the UI - i've alway found it to be pretty rigid in terms of sizing. i've got no issues in Sonar, Next, or CbB but i'm running 100% 1920x1200

"New Sonar Scale Display setting" , a new feature of Sonar.... NOT WINDOWS SETTING..

I'm unable to reproduce this. I have two 4K monitors set to 175% in Windows settings, and Sonar's Display Scale setting is 95% (I've tried a few others too).

Is anyone else seeing this?

@Jaime Ramírez Please could you post a video showing both good (Display Scale = 100%) and bad (Display Scale = 95%) behavior? Windows 11's Snipping Tool is very convenient for that, btw. Ideally, capture the whole Sonar window, not just Melodyne.

What is your monitor setup (eg. 1080p/100%/Left/Primary and 4K/175%/Right/Secondary)? Also, is it project specific? If so, please PM me a copy of the project if possible. Thanks!