Add this to future versions of Sonar.

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much to the developers for continuing to develop Sonar!
After installing the demo version of Sonar, I would like to express my wishes.
1. Sonar does not display whether the synthesizer is frozen or not (Color Scheme - Tungsten Classic).  In Cakewalk, after freezing the synth, it turned blue. In my opinion this is more convenient.
2. I would like to see the ability to rewind in the media browser. Sometimes when you listen to different effects or sweep, it gets very tiring to listen to it to the end.
3. It is very inconvenient to configure an mp3 codec in each new project. Why not set it up once and save the settings as default for each project?
4. When you work on other projects, it is not always possible to track how much time it took to complete a particular project.
      Please add a time counter. So that you can understand how much time it took to complete the project.

And finally, tell me what these numbers in the image mean?

Untitled.png

Edited by Andrey_rbk

9 hours ago, Andrey_rbk said:

3. It is very inconvenient to configure an mp3 codec in each new project. Why not set it up once and save the settings as default for each project?

Mp3 settings are saved as part of the project if you use export task queues.

22 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Mp3 settings are saved as part of the project if you use export task queues.

Yes, I know about this. I would like these settings to be saved with the project template or somehow separately. The main thing is not to configure it every time.

2 hours ago, Andrey_rbk said:

Yes, I know about this. I would like these settings to be saved with the project template or somehow separately. The main thing is not to configure it every time.

Add the task to your project template then.   

If the task is created as follows:
- Nothing selected ( so CTRL + SHIFT + A before you open the export audio dialog)
- Source Category = Entire Mix
- Range = Entire Project

...then the task will work regardless of changing tracks/buses.

Double clicking the task will recall it allowing you to edit it  / create new tasks as required.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2024 at 12:05 PM, Andrey_rbk said:

1. Sonar does not display whether the synthesizer is frozen or not (Color Scheme - Tungsten Classic).  In Cakewalk, after freezing the synth, it turned blue. In my opinion this is more convenient.

Any frozen synth or track turns blue here.

I think he means that transparent blue overlay on the synth icon like CbB.

I find the light blue audio clip background to be a more obvious indicator, but that's just me.

Frozen Synth - Blue.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 8:39 PM, William Fleming said:

Don't know if it's been brought up, but it would be nice to have a "Noise Reduction" add to the audio editor. Like the ones that sample a small section of noise and then rids the noise though out the whole wav file.

Fortunately, there are several free options. I've heard good things about ReaFIR in particular. Of course I'm not involved in development, but I think it would make more sense to spend dev time on unique, Sonar-based features rather than duplicate functionality that's available for free. 

6 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

This is what I see

FreezeSynth.jpg.161c3425d6ce5052b3ec63ab00e16fbf.jpg

That's the Mercury theme, right?   I see the same with that, but the OP was using Tungsten Classic where the icon becomes orange when the synth is frozen.  

4 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Fortunately, there are several free options. I've heard good things about ReaFIR in particular. Of course I'm not involved in development, but I think it would make more sense to spend dev time on unique, Sonar-based features rather than duplicate functionality that's available for free. 

ReaFIR is really useful. The thing about 3rd-party add-ons, even free ones, is that there are a TON of people who have no idea what's out there and how to go about finding it.

We know how to access that information, but laypeople....I've told people that there are great-sounding free Mellotron instruments and it's blown their minds.

Since Cakewalk license some nice algorithms from iZotope, how about giving us a front end to them. Elastique pitch shifting as well, while we're at it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, there are a lot of plugins that do a great job reducing noise, but still use resources to do the job. 

Although you can Freeze the track, I was thinking more along the lines of what other audio editors do, that actually modify the wave form and not have to use any CPU power after it is processed. It would be like Time Stretching, cut and pasting, Normalizing or any of the other wave editing Sonar already performs.

And of course, still be nondestructive to reverse the process if needed.

Doesn't freezing a track do exactly what you want? It renders the effects and edits into a wave file that can then be reversed by "unfreezing."

I have not used a lot of wave editing software, mostly because my DAW(s) do what I need, but when I have used one it was very similar to Sonar's workflow.