CbB 2024.07 Feedback

On 7/4/2024 at 11:27 AM, Milton Sica said:

More surprises. I closed the project in SONAR (new) and tried to open it in this version.

Surprise: YES, it opened completely!

That's just sheer coincidence or it's a driver related issue. There is no way opening a project in another version can affect the outcome of opening in a prior version.

4 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

That's just sheer coincidence or it's a driver related issue. There is no way opening a project in another version can affect the outcome of opening in a prior version.

Like i speaked. Only related my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed the update. I use Cakewalk for live performances when it drive my midi files along with some pre-recorded tracks. I have been using it for years without any problems. However, after installing the latest update the program just stops working after about an hour of use and dumps me back to my windows start point.

I'm assuming this has something to do with getting me to switch to Cakewalk Sonar, but I have no real interest in full membership as I don't "record" other than my live set. I would gladly "buy" the program as I have been a Cakewalk and then Sonar customer way back in the 1990s. Was this a "new" feature added to put a "timer" on the program to entice me to switch, or is it a glitch in the new version and if so, how can I get rid of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G. Gallagher said:

Hi, I just installed the update. I use Cakewalk for live performances when it drive my midi files along with some pre-recorded tracks. I have been using it for years without any problems. However, after installing the latest update the program just stops working after about an hour of use and dumps me back to my windows start point.

I'm assuming this has something to do with getting me to switch to Cakewalk Sonar, but I have no real interest in full membership as I don't "record" other than my live set. I would gladly "buy" the program as I have been a Cakewalk and then Sonar customer way back in the 1990s. Was this a "new" feature added to put a "timer" on the program to entice me to switch, or is it a glitch in the new version and if so, how can I get rid of it. 

No, there is nothing that would prevent you from continuing to keep using Cakewalk by BandLab during a session. It sounds like something is causing the app to crash.  If you can get us a dump file from the crash, we'll take a look.

• Like 1

Também estou enfrentando vários problemas de latência na atualização mais recente. Estou apenas trazendo as informações para se juntar aos usuários que estão mais esperançosos de que haverá uma correção.

Eu já sei, com base no histórico de abordagens de avaliação da equipe de desenvolvimento, que NADA, NADA estará no aplicativo, mas na estrutura do usuário, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Mas vou insistir: sim, a versão mais recente tem vários problemas de latência.

Não tenho acesso aos códigos-fonte e suas implicações, mas a impressão que tenho é que há "uma certa quantidade de compartilhamento" entre as funcionalidades CDB e SONAR.

É apenas uma opinião e eu tenho a pergunta: como posso reverter da última versão que eu tinha, excluindo esta?

• Confused 1

Google Translate from Portuguese (Brazil) to English

I'm also experiencing several latency issues in the latest update. I'm just bringing the information to join the users who are more hopeful that there will be a fix.

I already know, based on the development team's history of assessment approaches, that NOTHING, NOTHING will be in the application but in the user framework, etc, etc, etc, etc.

But I will insist: yes, the latest version has several latency issues.

I don't have access to the source codes and their implications, but the impression I get is that there is "a certain amount of sharing" between CDB and SONAR functionality.

It's just an opinion and I have the question: how can I revert from the last version I had, deleting this one?

Hi all!
I had a problem - I was not connected to the network for about 3 weeks, and did not use Cakewalk during this time. Now, when you start Sonar, a sign pops up at the bottom right: “Database connection failed. Assigned plugin categories and names will be unavailable,” and prompts you to "click here" on the button. The BandLab website opens, but then I can’t find a single hint on what to do. This is a very unpleasant incident, now the canopy has a network connection, but this sign does not go away, and I cannot organize the plugins section.
How can I solve this problem?

2024-07-25_225124.png

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, GearAxis said:

看来现在无法导出离线激活请求。 

微信截图_20240803180615.png

Um, okay, I think I've found the problem. I'm using a Chinese version of the Windows operating system, and the path where the activation request is saved contains Chinese characters, which may have caused the issue of not being able to export the activation request. I hope this can provide a solution for other users with Chinese systems.

Glad those annoying nag messages are gone (for now).  Hated them.  (The new Sonar announcement and, even worse, the must sign in to register free Cakewalk every few weeks.)   Please don't bring them back!!!!

Edited by saxon1066

Hi! Exist a major issue between RME interfaces and CbB. I had 2 years ago extreme latency with an old Babyface (the blue one), I quid and sold it. With a MOTU Audio Express I have been working in CbB since then with no issues.

Few days back I tried again with a new Babyface PRO FS that I bought (new one) because I need something really stable with the less jitter posible. The same hell is happening right now. I am quite interested in keep working with SONAR but this is a huge stopper and I'm not returning this back, so I need to find the workaround configuration or changing to other DAW.

I will share a few threads with this issue (babyface, UCX II, Babyface PRO...):

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35372

Thank so much! You are working on a great project, I wish I can get over this issue!

Hello @Metalhawk,

You may not be aware that development of Cakewalk by Bandlab, or CbB for short, has stopped.  This was announced June, 2023 +++ HERE +++.   The same announcement introduced two new DAWs, Next and Sonar.

Next is a new DAW that is available on both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.  Sonar continues the development of CbB under a new brand name.  Both Next and Sonar are available with a monthly or annual subscription to Bandlab.

Sonar release 2024.08 includes many enhancements to reduce latency.  You may want to download a trial of Sonar and see if it resolves the issue.  If not, then you may want to create a post describing the issue in the Cakewalk Sonar section of the forum.

• Great Idea 1

FWIW, three of the Cakewalk developers use RME interfaces - I use the Digiface USB,   Noel uses the UFX II and Ben uses either the UFX II or UFX III.

None of us are having any issues. 

All of us also have Focusrite Scarlett interfaces, and the latency on the RME is half what it is on the Focusrite's at the same buffer size.

As far as I know, all of the RME products use the same driver.

The only thing that differs I guess, is that we're all using Intel CPU's.

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

FWIW, three of the Cakewalk developers use RME interfaces - I use the Digiface USB,   Noel uses the UFX II and Ben uses either the UFX II or UFX III.

None of us are having any issues. 

All of us also have Focusrite Scarlett interfaces, and the latency on the RME is half what it is on the Focusrite's at the same buffer size.

As far as I know, all of the RME products use the same driver.

The only thing that differs I guess, is that we're all using Intel CPU's.

And I have a Tascam US-600 in which I constantly have to interfere with the application itself to restart it, as Cakewalk doesn't do it and, in addition, blocks the possibility of changing the buffer values.

Suddenly it was discovered that Cakewalk by BandLab does not display a virtual CD(DVD, BD)-ROM in its media browser if *.iso is loaded into it, but it does display it if the virtual CD(DVD, BD)-RO is empty.

Elaborate Bytes Virtual CloneDrive

DAEMON Tools Ultra

Tested on Win7 and Win11.

22 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

Hello, Where can I find the .CRQ file to enable offline activation for this new version?  thanks.

When you generate it, it gets saved to your desktop, at least it does on my machine.

• Thanks 1