Computer upgrade seems useless

On 6/23/2024 at 6:18 AM, John Vere said:

You are not in proper ASIO mode. Either that or the Real Tech driver is interfering. You need to remove it in the Reg Edit app. I can tell this because you should not see the Real Tech as an option in the sync and caching. I also don't see the "use ASIO reported Latency" And another thing is you sometimes can have audio issues if you use way to high a buffer setting like you are. 

The first step is to get a good report from Latency Monitor. Get that puppy in the green before you continue. 

Watch this video and report back. https://youtu.be/y5bQhQuZEPQ

Hi John. Thanks  for that video tutorial and your kind help. So, I've  deleted the additioal ASIO drivers from Device Manager and in the registry. It seems, though, that after a PC reboot, the're back again! This time, I went to Windows Remove Program and uninstalled the Realtek app. Do you think I should also emove the Nividia HD AUdio driver (see screen shot)? I'm afraid this may impact my gameplay negatively. 

Nvidia.png

As in the video, those you just disable. No need to un install. 
The only audio drivers that need to be nuked are one that show up in the Sync and Caching and can’t be unselected there.  
The Nivida driver is for your HDMI connection to your monitors speakers if it has them. Mine don’t and even if the did I probably wouldn’t use them. Well I guess they would be a funky way to prove your mixes on a krappy sound system! 

17 hours ago, John Vere said:

As in the video, those you just disable. No need to un install. 
The only audio drivers that need to be nuked are one that show up in the Sync and Caching and can’t be unselected there.  
The Nivida driver is for your HDMI connection to your monitors speakers if it has them. Mine don’t and even if the did I probably wouldn’t use them. Well I guess they would be a funky way to prove your mixes on a krappy sound system! 

All right -- I'm surely but slowly getting there. Yep, I also don't use my monitor speakers, so I'll get rid of the Nvidia driver. Realtek Audio was the biggest culprit. I uninstalled that one, and now CW's performance is much better (about the same as on my old system, which wasn't too bad). In a few days I'll add more RAM - hopefully, that will also make a difference. I read somewhere that Xeon CPUs aren't great for real-time audio production, which is what my new system (unfortunately) has.