basic re-install question please?

So still wanting Dim Pro. 
If I uninstall CWBL, Dim Pro and anything else CW this will not affect anything else will it? I mean like my zillion VSTS (non-CW)

Just want to be sure, I figure it doesn't, but!

1 hour ago, Pathfinder said:

If I uninstall CWBL

If you do a “complete” uninstall of CbB, by that I mean delete all folders, you will delete the VST dll’s in Cakewalk\vstplugins. That WILL affect your VST2 VST’s. VST3 plugs should not be affected because that folder is NOT in the Cakewalk tree. 
You should NOT have to uninstall CbB to get DimPro working. 

t

on my phone, so I can’t check my Studio rig, but I think both it and my office rig have DimPro and Rapture Pro working. 

• Like 1

So still wanting Dim Pro. 
If I uninstall CWBL, Dim Pro and anything else CW this will not affect anything else will it? I mean like my zillion VSTS (non-CW)

Just want to be sure, I figure it doesn't, but!

Do you have an historic copy of Dim Pro or did you own an historic copy of pre Bandlab SONAR? 

If so install the new CCC  and install Dim Pro from there. If no the tonthe best of my knowledge Dim Pro is not yet available unless they have recently made available. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

If you do a “complete” uninstall of CbB, by that I mean delete all folders, you will delete the VST dll’s in Cakewalk\vstplugins. That WILL affect your VST2 VST’s. VST3 plugs should not be affected because that folder is NOT in the Cakewalk tree. 
You should NOT have to uninstall CbB to get DimPro working. 

t

on my phone, so I can’t check my Studio rig, but I think both it and my office rig have DimPro and Rapture Pro working. 

Appreciate it Tom. But I have tried everything else suggested on this forum for quite a while. In another post I mentioned that I have a dedicated samples drive and just did a clean install of Win 10x64 Pro ( I have win 11 but like win 10) Anyway, way back when, 2021 I think I also did a new install (built a new PC, same as this time) and used mlink to move c W Content and other folders to the sample drive. Pretty sure the paths are all messed up. CW works fine ans so do ALL my other VSTS. Dim Pro not so much, maybe a handful of sounds. I also installed Rapture Pro. Figured why not try.
anyway, none of them work. I searched the register and the paths seem fine including in CW prefs???? So, I think CW is just as confused as I am   🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Do you have an historic copy of Dim Pro or did you own an historic copy of pre Bandlab SONAR? 

If so install the new CCC  and install Dim Pro from there. If no the tonthe best of my knowledge Dim Pro is not yet available unless they have recently made available. 

That is where I did the re install from, but like I said above I thinkCW is confused. I don't mind re installing CW. The only plug I use from CW is TTS-1, which Plat installs. I have all my CW disks going back to CWPA 9- I upgraded every year until. I have all the sonarsx1,x2, etc and of course Plat.

Edited by Pathfinder

7 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

That is where I did the re install from, but like I said above I think CW is confused. I don't mind re installing CW. The only plug I use from CW is TTS-1, which Plat installs. I have all my CW disks going back to CWPA 9- I upgraded every year until. I have all the sonarsx1,x2, etc and of course Plat.

Is Dim Pro Installed? It has an issue with Authorisation which requires you to Start CbB or Sonar as Admin to get the Codes to stick.

Be very careful uninstalling anything, BbB  S-Plat and Sonar share a lot of directories and if you just do a straight uninstall you will kill the rest. The foot print is quite small. Unless you are low on disk space I wouldn't worry.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Is Dim Pro Installed? It has an issue with Authorisation which requires you to Start CbB or Sonar as Admin to get the Codes to stick.

Be very careful uninstalling anything, BbB  S-Plat and Sonar share a lot of directories and if you just do a straight uninstall you will kill the rest. The foot print is quite small. Unless you are low on disk space I wouldn't worry.

Thanks-Yes I have tons of space... I'll try launching both as admin also

8 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Thanks-Yes I have tons of space... I'll try launching both as admin also

You only have to launch one either Sonar or CbB once to authorise Dim Pro. Once done in one it will be good in the other. It's why I suggested the CCC as that would have authorised everything in one go.

• Thanks 1

CW is just as confused as I am

As a man “of a certain age” I get the “confused” part. Looks like Wooks and Bristol may have your issue solved. 🤞

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 3

So after all this-It seems, for the most part anyway-Rapture Pro needed to be Run as Admin as stated by Bristol and Wookie. So Rapture Pro works fine. dim Pro still does NOT work but Rapture Pro easily covers what I needed-

Thanks very much folks!

Great forum! Has been great for many decades-well, you know what I mean.

6 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

So after all this-It seems, for the most part anyway-Rapture Pro needed to be Run as Admin as stated by Bristol and Wookie. So Rapture Pro works fine. dim Pro still does NOT work but Rapture Pro easily covers what I needed-

Thanks very much folks!

Great forum! Has been great for many decades-well, you know what I mean.

Rapture Pro includes all the old Dim Pro factory patches, so yes, you're covered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Rapture Pro includes all the old Dim Pro factory patches, so yes, you're covered.

I don't use it everyday but I always liked some of the sound it offered   🙂 And Thanks!

• Like 1