Automation clicks and pops

11 minutes ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Sometimes, bouncing the clip to itself solves problems like this. Nothing to lose by trying it

Whelp, that didn't work either, but it did give me an idea.  I bounced down, and then ran izotope rx de-click on it.  That worked great.  So I'm considering my issue fixed, but in case anyone has better solutions than my workaround, I'm leaving the thread open for a bit.  Thanks Jonesey and everyone else who chimed in to help.  You guys are the best.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pwal³ said:

possibly to do with the fx you have on the track

noted this with a UAD compressor on a vocal track, thought it was the clip at first, but re-importing the take was OK.

speculating it might have something to do with the VST -and- automation being "baked" into a track, kinda gets stuck on some processing discontinuity, perhaps as the result of a more complex project. ymmv

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jackson white said:

noted this with a UAD compressor on a vocal track, thought it was the clip at first, but re-importing the take was OK.

speculating it might have something to do with the VST -and- automation being "baked" into a track, kinda gets stuck on some processing discontinuity, perhaps as the result of a more complex project. ymmv

No effects were on the project at the time of the problem, and they were tracked clean, I tracked them myself.  Thanks for trying to help.

5 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I still think it could be the speed of the slopes. Could you send a photo of the one with the slanted envelopes you tried? I know you need to get on with the project. 

Hey Max, you're probably right, but since I had to keep working, I found another workaround and decided to move on.  Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Helios.G said:

No effects were on the project at the time of the problem, and they were tracked clean

roger that, my bad for not being clear. there was an automation step change (input gain) directly before the pop, fwiw, issues have been noted with automation not tracking exactly as expected on more complex projects. of course, could still be an issue with the vst, which was why i mentioned it. fixed with the reimport, which seemed to have 'reset' whatever glitch there was.

@Max Arwood  the "speed of the slope"... (1st derivative?) 🙂

• Like 2