I guess it's official

31 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

John -- you gotta start charging more at the gigs to cover your winter hobbies 🙂

This is actually my best season, I have lots of gigs lined up and some pay me enough I could almost afford that wonderful copy of Pro Tools!  But I'd rather a new Blue Telecaster! 

tele_mp_miami.jpg.d69226afca964518d25967cf849717a5.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

if you got the Fender Squire tele, then you could afford the b-bender and some humbuckers too.... 🙂 

We’re totally off topic but this is my Fred and I can approve of this. 
I have a Custom made Tele with 2 humbuckers as well as a G&L Tele with a soap bar at the bridge and Humbucker at the neck. I sold my standard Tele in a down and out of money phase and I want it back! 
I just picked up a Indonesian Strat for $300 a couple of months ago. It’s the same colour as the Tele above. So I thought a matching set would be cool. I then upgrade the Pups. So now I don’t have to purchase Sonar I’m free to do this instead.  
There’s a Tele in our local music store with a B and G bender for $750. Tempting but I like the imports just fine. You just have to add better electronics. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

After I build my 2 new PCs in the second half of this year I'm going to get myself matching Strat and Tele, Lake Placid Blue. I remember when I was about 18 seeing this Lake Placid Blue Stratocaster hanging on the wall behind the counter of the music store, I can picture that moment to this day, 42 years ago it was, man it was a beautiful thing.

Had all sorts of guitars since, Les Pauls, Schecters, Paul Reed Smiths, and a Black Stratocaster in there, but never the Lake Placid Blue, don't know why, I certainly could have, perhaps the style of music I drifted in to. If I don't dp it soon it will be pointless, I'd say in about 5 years if I make it that far, I will have lost control of my fingers/hands to the extent that it would be pointless to even try to play, maybe I could just put them in stands or on the wall and look at them ;)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, John Vere said:

What's weird is you don't seem to be able to purchase it on the Avid web site. Its all Subscriptions.

Screenshot(174).thumb.png.368ceff36de62d55f57fd75a6eab8a81.png

But you can purchase a perpetual license from vendors. 

Screenshot(175).thumb.png.e3beeef14991b5ffc7686f372d3fb6a9.png

Of course, there are certainly companies that rent DAWs but a person who works there professionally cannot depend on the decisions of others, I want to be in possession of the tools I work with, I am more at peace🤔

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Heath Row said:

If I don't dp it soon it will be pointless, I'd say in about 5 years if I make it that far, I will have lost control of my fingers/hands to the extent that it would be pointless to even try to play, maybe I could just put them in stands or on the wall and look at them ;)

Yes, I know this feeling when the fingers don't work as in the past! That's why I like my Aria Pro from the 80s, I have never played on a guitar that goes so easily for solo playing! On the other hand I have not played on that many!

I have arthritis in my whole dang body and the only cure is to keep moving. Sitting at a computer is bad for me. 
I had to sell my full size acoustic and I bought an Epiphone L00 Folk size guitar that is easy to play. It has a short scale. 

3F7480F8-0C1D-4EDF-B896-3AAAFCD50B9F.jpeg.0866028ed04a5eb15a68eab23c2b0aab.jpeg

• Like 1

nice! one thing i highly recommend, i put this on my 2003 MIM Strat - the zero fret ("zero glide") nut. really gets your action down and intonation is excellent now. i did a bit of filing on a couple of frets to get it just right. so even with old fingers, it easy to play and enjoy!

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-and-supplies/materials/nuts-and-saddles/zero-glide-nuts/

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

@Glenn Stanton Wow! I am a huge fan of zero fret. I’ve only ever had it on old guitars. One of the advantages is open strings will sound brighter. Thanks for the link. I have an old guitar I was going to put a new nut on this is perfect! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

I have arthritis in my whole dang body... 

Some say avoiding food from the nightshade family helps to minimize inflammation. (Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers.) Top tier athletes like Tom Brady avoid that food group entirely - as do I. Unfortunately, I didn't become aware of the link between nightshades and arthritis until after I turned 65, but I can still work my hands just fine, unlike my Mom, who could no longer play piano when she got to my age due to arthritis.

• Like 2

I also have had arthritis all my life-Started with Psoriatic Arthritis and graduated to Osteoarthritis.

The only thing that helps me is to keep playing. I was told by an arthritis doc decades ago that playing the guitar is what has kept my fingers from getting worse. My index finger on my chording hand is permanently bent and has been for many years.
I have adapted my playing over the years to fit my hands. It works.

I am very glad to hear that CWBL will continue. I will say Thank You to those that made this possible.........

• Like 3

So I had some spare time and signed up for a monthly Backstage Pass, and tried to play around with the new Sonar. Only glitch I had so far is making the plug-in displays larger, specifically Izotope's Nectar 4. I could not resize the display by dragging the corner arrows. In Cakewalk the same plugin can easily resize, even  to a full screen.

Guess I have to find a Sonar user manual. Was hoping everything in Cakewalk worked as is in Sonar,  and I could edit some songs right away.

Edited by NOLAGuy

9 hours ago, NOLAGuy said:

So I had some spare time and signed up for a monthly Backstage Pass, and tried to play around with the new Sonar. Only glitch I had so far is making the plug-in displays larger, specifically Izotope's Nectar 4. I could not resize the display by dragging the corner arrows. In Cakewalk the same plugin can easily resize, even  to a full screen.

Guess I have to find a Sonar user manual. Was hoping everything in Cakewalk worked as is in Sonar,  and I could edit some songs right away.

Look for the gear icon in the plugin header

Uncheck Enable Plugin DPI Awareness

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/17/2024 at 2:19 AM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Look for the gear icon in the plugin header

Uncheck Enable Plugin DPI Awareness

Found that what I actually needed was to uncheck "Enable Plugin DPI Awareness" in the main Edit - Preferences menu, but keep the Enable Plugin DPI Awareness checked in the Plugin header setting.

That enabled the Plugin to operate exactly as it did in regular Cakewalk.

Thanks for tip on where too look!