Audiothing Wurly released. Intro price €39

MrFigg

• MrFigg changed the title to Audiothing Wurly released. Intro price €39

I have a bunch of plugins and libraries from AudioThing and I really like the developer,  but they've historically not been a developer I'd turn to for an instrument I want to have a great deal of detail.

I downloaded their Wurly demo and found it was fun, but I didn't find it to be sonically in the same league as Sky Box, SonicCouture, AcousticSamples-- or even e-instruments -- Wurlies. IMO, it sounds thin. AcousticSamples, SonicCouture, Skybox Audio, and e-instruments all did a good to excellent job (excellent in AcousticSamples' case) of blending in the clank of the keys in the notes. AudioThing attempts to do the same,  but the clank sounds thin and tin-ey to my ears (AcousticSamples clunk is very rich and bassy) and the overall samples just don't sound great to my ears.  AudioThing uses a combination of samples and physical modeling with their Wurly. It sounds decent, it just doesn't sound as rich and full as the sample libraries I've mentioned.

Especially considering that SonicCouture currently has their Broken Wurli on sale for close to the same price as AudioThing's Wurly, I find the Broken Wurli is the easily the superior choice.  

Edited by PavlovsCat