Cymatic Music Notes

Cymatics - (from Ancient Greek: κῦμα, romanized: kŷma, lit. 'wave') is a subset of modal vibrational phenomena. The term was coined by Swiss physician Hans Jenny (1904–1972). Typically the surface of a plate, diaphragm, or membrane is vibrated, and regions of maximum and minimum displacement are made visible in a thin coating of particles, paste, or liquid.[1] Different patterns emerge in the excitatory medium depending on the geometry of the plate and the driving frequency.

I think these would make awesome wall art!  Maybe someday...

Enjoy!

A-large.jpg

Asharp-large.jpg

B-large.jpg

C-large.jpgCsharp-large.jpg

D-large.jpg

Dsharp-large.jpg

E-large.jpg

F-large.jpg

Fsharp-large.jpg

G-large.jpgGsharp-large.jpg

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

My mother had some furniture, wardrobes and I can't think of the name of the other thing, I can barely think of my own name, anyway they were covered with repeating patterns eerily similar to B and F# there, with variations and other parts joining everything together. The more I look at it the more it becomes more than eerily similar. Solid heavy bastards of things they were. If I didn't pass up any inheritance and be on my way disappearing back to my place of belonging, cutting off ties with all but my sister in law, perhaps I could of had them.

Thanks for the memories ? 

Edited by Heath Row
and and, superfluous all, added perhaps.

As for the first part, a to is a too is a 2/two, I'm happy with either or, I care not, the general meaning gets through, so the little squigglies, well, they get treated with the same or perhaps less regard.

Part 2, yes and no, it's more like 4 drawers with a large mirror in the center with curvy bits from mirror to edge. Thick curvy legs.