Any Facebook Gurus - I need help - locked out - can't get back in

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I had notices in my e-mail that I have messages waiting, I logged in, it did the verification thing and locked me out. If it weren't for those messages, I wouldn't care. But it's rude not to answer a message, and it might be someone wanting to hire us.

They're probably just FeckBook telling you that they've locked you out. 😆

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

It could be your browser too.  If you have cookies blocked or other security stuff enabled. 

Good thinking, but alas it doesn't work.

Plus I'm getting every couple of hours, from FB

Hi Bob,

You’ve not yet unlocked your Facebook account. Your unlock link will expire on June 27 2024 at 7:20 PM so please log into your account before that.

And when I log in, it tells me I'm blocked.

11 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Good thinking, but alas it doesn't work.

Plus I'm getting every couple of hours, from FB

Hi Bob,

You’ve not yet unlocked your Facebook account. Your unlock link will expire on June 27 2024 at 7:20 PM so please log into your account before that.

And when I log in, it tells me I'm blocked.

It really sounds like you've been hacked. It happens a lot.

Someone hacked in to my Google account from my DAW. I know exactly where from too and I kept screenshots and IPs and all that. I may persue legal action one day. All they did was read confidential emails, they didn't do anything else.

You can go into your Google account and your Fecesbook (lol) account when you regain access and see where people are trying to get in from.

People hack in to my forum account regularly. I don't even care anymore.

I'm so busy these days I rarely have time for anything but work and sleep. Haven't even touched a guitar in months and months. Maybe that's why I'm so cranky. Oh wait, that's not why ... .... ..... 🥵

Still locked out. 

To add insult to injury they keep emailing me "Reminder to unlock your facebook account" which just puts me through the endless loop again.

And for more insults, they are now telling me I have messages, and when I try to log in to read them - you guessed it.

Sorry you've been put through all this aggravation, Bob. But this thread is performing a useful public service by reminding me why I never want to get involved with Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 6/15/2024 at 2:01 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Still locked out. 

But I can still see your page. 

Can't you send in another support request with the info on how your still can't get in even though they unlocked it?

Can't find any help on FB except for bots, that keep telling me that my page is now available, but when I log in it tells me it's locked, makes me jump through the hoops, then tells me it'unlocked, and so on ad infinitum.

If the social media contractor for one of the venues that I gig regularly at didn't convince me to join FB, I wouldn't have. And now I know what I avoided FB for so many years. 

I'm now getting 4 or more e-mails per day telling me I need to unlock my account, which just points me to square on of the endless loop again. 

My advice is this: If anyone tells you that you have to join FB - DON'T DO IT!!! Do yourself a favor.

Notes ♫

10 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

keep telling me that my page is now available, but when I log in it tells me it's locked

don't confuse your page with your account? dunno, i don't have a page but just a regular (tho now little used) account ... seems your page is available to other users?

1 hour ago, pwal³ said:

your page is available to other users?

I just posted "This is a test" and it shows as posted. I you would like Bob, I can post some messages as comments on your page. Such as "This is Bob, Please get in touch with me through my email/website located on this page" or something similar. 

It won't let me start a topic or post a new message. Just allow me to comment on topics you already posted.

16 hours ago, craigb said:

Well Bob, I just posted something that might help you BUT...  The forum software here has hidden it! 🙄

I guess if they un-hide it you'll get to see it!  

Wow...  Instead of unhiding actual helpful information...  They deleted my post!  Go figure. 🤷‍♂️

Do you have a completely different PC you can use to log in from? Maybe a laptop? Use a friend's laptop or PC?

Maybe they recognize your Mac address as something suspicious and have it blocked?

They'll claim they would never ever do that ... but I speak from experience when I tell you "they" do. And like your case, never tell you why. 😜🤫

I still can't get unlocked. 

||: Your account is locked. Do this and you will get unlocked. OK. Now you are no longer locked. Go ahead and log in again :|| repeat ad infinitum.

There is zero human help.

It's obviously a glitch in the software, so the bots keep thinking they are solving the problem when they are not.

I've tried everything I can find, probably spent more time on this than I should have, but now I think it's time to give up.