Any Facebook Gurus - I need help - locked out - can't get back in

Still locked out. 

To add insult to injury they keep emailing me "Reminder to unlock your facebook account" which just puts me through the endless loop again.

And for more insults, they are now telling me I have messages, and when I try to log in to read them - you guessed it.

Sorry you've been put through all this aggravation, Bob. But this thread is performing a useful public service by reminding me why I never want to get involved with Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 6/15/2024 at 2:01 PM, Notes_Norton said:

Still locked out. 

But I can still see your page. 

Can't you send in another support request with the info on how your still can't get in even though they unlocked it?

Can't find any help on FB except for bots, that keep telling me that my page is now available, but when I log in it tells me it's locked, makes me jump through the hoops, then tells me it'unlocked, and so on ad infinitum.

If the social media contractor for one of the venues that I gig regularly at didn't convince me to join FB, I wouldn't have. And now I know what I avoided FB for so many years. 

I'm now getting 4 or more e-mails per day telling me I need to unlock my account, which just points me to square on of the endless loop again. 

My advice is this: If anyone tells you that you have to join FB - DON'T DO IT!!! Do yourself a favor.

Notes ♫

1 hour ago, pwal³ said:

your page is available to other users?

I just posted "This is a test" and it shows as posted. I you would like Bob, I can post some messages as comments on your page. Such as "This is Bob, Please get in touch with me through my email/website located on this page" or something similar. 

It won't let me start a topic or post a new message. Just allow me to comment on topics you already posted.

16 hours ago, craigb said:

Well Bob, I just posted something that might help you BUT...  The forum software here has hidden it! ?

I guess if they un-hide it you'll get to see it!  

Wow...  Instead of unhiding actual helpful information...  They deleted my post!  Go figure. ?‍♂️

Do you have a completely different PC you can use to log in from? Maybe a laptop? Use a friend's laptop or PC?

Maybe they recognize your Mac address as something suspicious and have it blocked?

They'll claim they would never ever do that ... but I speak from experience when I tell you "they" do. And like your case, never tell you why. ??

I still can't get unlocked. 

||: Your account is locked. Do this and you will get unlocked. OK. Now you are no longer locked. Go ahead and log in again :|| repeat ad infinitum.

There is zero human help.

It's obviously a glitch in the software, so the bots keep thinking they are solving the problem when they are not.

I've tried everything I can find, probably spent more time on this than I should have, but now I think it's time to give up.

The only META/FB phone number I found was not answered. There is a recording telling you which website to go to for which problem, and when you go there, they give you all the answers to the most common problems. But if your problem doesn't fit in, there is no chat, e-mail, or phone number to get help.

Since I can't sign in, I created another FB account. I figured I could perhaps get help if I could log in (silly me). And here is what happened after I signed in.

I did a search and got a META help page and got my hopes up!

A seemingly nice guy messaged me, and said he could help. He asked general questions, mostly about what I was experiencing, what the error messages said, what steps did I take, and in what order. This went on to the second day.

Then he said, he'd have to get some tools and debugging equipment. Sounds good, and we chatted a bit more.

I asked him if he could tell why I was locked, and he said I broke a FB rule. I answer that I don't get political online, I try to be nice to everybody, I don't spam, and can't see where I broke a rule. He responded that there are some crazy rules that you wouldn't think were illegal.

Then he said, if I buy the tools, I can probably resell them. That's when the big red flag and the buzzer horn went off in my brain. 

I told him that I know I'm the product, not the customer, and I have no intention of paying for help. I thanked him for his time, wished him luck, and ended the conversation.

I don't know if he is a scammer, or someone doing work for hire. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

So it looks like I'll have to kiss my Sophisticats page on FB good-bye. I might make another some day, but right now I'm learning some new songs for our duo. I've wasted too much time on this dog already.

I'm glad I was very careful about the information I gave the guy, just in case.

As far as I'm concerned, FB is more trouble than it's worth. Hire human help for unusual situations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grem said:

If he wanted to sell you tools to fix FB problem, it was a scam. Good that you ended it. 

Exactly. 

Paying to have a free account fixed raised a big red flag.

Now I have a few others wanting to help. I tell them right away, “I know you are trying to make some money, don't waste your time with me, because it's not worth it to me. And good luck to you, we all have to make a living.”

They could be nefarious, but they could be just trying to sell their services. After all, that's what I do as an entertainer. I give them the benefit of the doubt, and treat them kindly.

Now I'm going to have to delete this account.

I may start over in a while, but I'm in no hurry to do so. I have more important things to do with my time, like hanging out in the Coffee House. :D

Notes ♫

• Like 1