Any Facebook Gurus - I need help - locked out - can't get back in

First some background. I'm new at FB. OK I was on a long time ago, but quit due to all the political posts during the Trump/Clinton election.

One of the clubs I gig at asked me to get an account so they could link to me, so I did. I use a VPN on my computer (I don't know if this is a factor or not). Occasionally they tell me my account has been locked, and I go through the steps and get in. Today is different. I don't know what to do now.

1) I log in with my username & password

2) I get the account locked message, I click the link, they give me a CAPTCHA to fill out, which I do successfully

3) They e-mail me a code which I copy and paste into the box

4) It says wrong code, so I have them resend, and I paste that one in, it says Error, I say resend code which they do

5) Copy and paste the new code get: 

Bob, your account has been locked
We saw unusual activity on your account. This may mean that someone has used your account without your knowledge.
Account locked June 11, 2024
To protect you, your profile is not visible to people on Facebook and you can't use your account.
What can I do?
Try coming back on a phone or computer you’ve used to log into Facebook before.

Note:  I'm using the only computer I've ever used to access FB, so I don't know what else to do.

I've googled, and can't find any help that pertains to this problem.

Can anyone help?

If I didn't have messages that I need to respond to, I wouldn't care, I'd just forget about Facebook, it's not worth this problem I've been trying to fix for a couple of hours now. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh. I'd just shout some great obscenities and move on, without FB. But I don't want to be rude to people that I have no other way of contacting.

Update, tried again 8 hours later after clearing cache, rebooting computer and logging in again with name and password:

1) Has been locked

2) How to unlock... clicked “Next”

3) Confirm... clicked “Get Code”

4) Nothing happens for more than a minute, finally got code, entered clicked “Submit” and it says “Error performing query, Clicked “Resend Code” 

5) Got another code, pasted it, and same error message

6) repeating 4 & 5 again and again

7) eventually quit resending.

I'm clueless.

Does anyone know how to contact FB???

Thanks
Bob

17 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Any Facebook Gurus - I need help - locked out - can't get back in

Could be the best thing to happen to your mental health in a while? 🤔

Sorry, can't be helpful on this topic Bob.  Facebook screwed me over several years ago when I was only using them for ads.  I had a separate credit card that was ONLY for use in buying their ads and it was declined a few months in because, get this, they (Facebook) believed there were questionable charges on it!  SMH...  After many attempts to get a real human to talk to  me on the phone (not possible, though it should always be possible if I'm paying money), a guy messaged me and, after a few back and forths, I found out he was only 19 and had ZERO clue about anything.

That was the last time I was an account on Feckbook.  I don't miss it!

• Great Idea 1

I quit it during the Clinton/Trump election, way too much BS and hateful lies from both sides of the divide.

The club I frequently work at has a company handling their social media. That person says she can't link to my website, just another facebook account. So I went back on.

It's a huge time waster, and if I can't get back on this time, I'll never return. I did fine without it for all these years.

I can't see how something so buggy can be so popular. But I guess I'm intolerant about things that don't work right.

• Thanks 1

The only thing I can think of to do is to put in your login info and select "forgot password" and go through those steps. That's if you haven't been locked out again for a day. Don't do that if you've been locked out again.

Hopefully you gave them a real email address and/or your real cell number so they can email and/or text a reset code.

Im on facebook but I keep my circle small with people I actually know and spend very little time on it. It is great for keeping in touch with distant family.

I do like the local community forums for event listing and marketplace, but that's about all I use it for and almost never post anything.

10 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh.

I just found out that Aaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh isn't a real word.

I can't tell you how angry I am about that.

• Haha 4

Thanks y'all for the suggestions.

- - -

I tried off the VPN.

- - -

They asked for a picture of positive ID, which I supplied.

Hours later they  said click this link to get back on. I did.

They sent me a code and asked me to paste it in. I did.

It gave me the error message again, I clicked re-send.

I copied it in carefully. 

They locked me out again.

- - -

I wish there was someone I could abuse by shouting great obscenities at. :D 

If it weren't for that bar/restaurant that hires us asking for a FB site their social media company can link to, I'd have been outta here long ago.

I've been in the same duo since 1985. The only time we were out of work was during the COVID lockdown. I did just fine without FB, and will do just fine without it. I run a mailing list of over 500 fans and send them schedules right to their in-box. (I don't need no stinking facebook)

The thing that amazes me, I have a website which is available to anyone with an Internet connection. http://www.s-cats.com or if you need a secure link https://www.nortonmusic.com/cats/

Why would commercial places limit their exposure to Facebook? Why limit your audience to only fb members?

Add FB but don't make it your main or only source of online promotion.

And why can't a social media company link to my website on FB? It's much better organized than what I've seen of FB pages.

Some things just baffle me.

Notes ♫

(sorry for the minor rant)

45 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

And why can't a social media company link to my website on FB?

The only reason I can think of is they want to limit the exposure to the clients they work for. Makes thier job easier.

Do you have a cell phone with FB app on it? Do you have the FB Authenticator app?  Those two things together should get you back in.

Edited by Grem

17 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

And why can't a social media company link to my website on FB?

well, of course they can, but are choosing not to for some reason 🤷‍♀️

22 hours ago, Grem said:

The only reason I can think of is they want to limit the exposure to the clients they work for. Makes thier job easier.

Do you have a cell phone with FB app on it? Do you have the FB Authenticator app?  Those two things together should get you back in.

I have a cell phone, but never put FB on it.

What is the FB Authenticator App? Will it work on Windows? (Heading to google right now)

Thanks.

Notes ♫

From FB:

You can only add a third-party authentication app or other two-factor authentication method if you already have access to your Facebook account.

I can't get in. I'm stuck in an evil loop. They tell me I'm OK, give me a link to log back in, it tells me I'm locked out, and starts the whole ordeal over again.

I'm beginning to think this FB thing just isn't worth it.

37 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I have a cell phone, but never put FB on it.

What is the FB Authenticator App? Will it work on Windows? (Heading to google right now)

stay with this, desktop browser is the best way, don't go installing their tracking **** (especially messenger) everywhere

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

My thoughts from my day one on FB. Killed my personal account so people would quit bugging me. I created a "music" account that I only use for User Groups and I've all but stopped going there too.

20 minutes ago, Bapu said:

My thoughts from my day one on FB. Killed my personal account so people would quit bugging me. I created a "music" account that I only use for User Groups and I've all but stopped going there too.

Wait...  You mean there used to be a Reverse Nag-Bap??!! 😮

😜

Other than the https://facebook.com/thesophisticatsband site on FB, I wouldn't care one bit if I ever saw FB again.

I had notices in my e-mail that I have messages waiting, I logged in, it did the verification thing and locked me out. If it weren't for those messages, I wouldn't care. But it's rude not to answer a message, and it might be someone wanting to hire us.

What gets me about FB, is there is zero help. No chat, no phone, no bots, no nothing.  No way to get ahold of anyone that I can find, without logging in first, and I can't log in.

I'm stuck in a loop, ||: I jump through the hoops, they e-mail me that my account is no longer locked, tell me how to log on with a temporary password, I do, and it tells me I'm locked out again. :|| repeat ad infinitum.

I don't give a $#!T about fb, just the potential business contacts. 

It's very frustrating, and after 2 days of this bullcrap, I give up.

I've had a web page http://www.s-cats.com for decades. Anyone can visit it, whether they are FB members or not. You would think that's enough. But the person handling the social media account of the resort I frequently gig at, obviously thinks that there isn't anything on the web but FB ,TikTok, Insta, X, and all the other membership only sites.

If I ever meet Zuckerwhateverhisnameis, you can bet I'd deliver a huge sucker-punch and proceed to beat him to a pulp (and by nature I'm not a violent man - but this displays my level of frustration.)

• Like 1

It could be your browser too.  If you have cookies blocked or other security stuff enabled. 

The only time I use Chrome is in situations like this. I use a different browser that has all kinds of tracking stuff blocked, but unfortunately there are times when things just don't work and I am forced to use Chrome with it wide open. IOW I don't block anything they try to do. I've had to do that a few times unfortunately.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

No, it's not worth all that trouble.

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

You can only add a third-party authentication app or other two-factor authentication method if you already have access to your Facebook account.

OK, that blows that idea right out the water.

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

ever meet Zuckerwhateverhisnameis, you can bet I'd deliver a huge sucker-punch and proceed to beat him to a pulp

I don't think your alone in that sentiment! You may have to wait in a very long line!! :)