Melodyne 5 updated to 5.4.0.036

Promidi

Melodyne 5 updated to 5.4.0.036

Melodyne 5 > Help > Check for updates

New in Version 5.4

The update to Version 5.4 contains improvements and bug fixes, which is why we recommend it to all users.

Pro Tools and Cubase with ARA: When opening a project with Melodyne, crashes sometimes occurred.

Pro Tools with ARA: Deleting a clip from a stereo track with Melodyne ARA during playback sometimes led to a crash.

All versions under Windows: In the event of a faulty connection with the Celemony server, a crash sometimes occurred.

Studio One with ARA: When using the Fade Tool or closing a session, crashes sometimes occurred.

ARA: Opening a second tab after opening the Sound Editor sometimes resulted in either a blank user interface or a crash.

Stand-alone implementation: Under macOS, invoking the Undo function during a copy operation sometimes led to a crash.

Stand-alone implementation: Crashes sometimes occurred when activating Melodyne.

Stand-alone implementation: The command “Save and Replace Audio” sometimes resulted in a crash when the audio file being edited was at the same time being used and played back in a DAW.

Trial version of Melodyne: Interrupting activation under Windows sometimes led to a crash.

All versions: In the Japanese user interface, an incorrect localization for “Sibilant Handling” was displayed in Note Assignment Mode.

ARA: The ARA mode is now also displayed correctly in the “About Melodyne” window.

Stand-alone implementation: Activating the record-enable function via the track view in the Note Editor had no effect on the track pane, where the Record Enable button remained grayed out.

Edited by Promidi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Kurre said:

I'm new to Melodyne.

Can you tell me if i have to "Help > Check for updates" both in the plugin and standalone?

No - they're shared so just do it in one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyoune use it on instruments?

I got this thought, maybe i could use it to modulate vsti sounds.

I've got some simple flute vsti's that could be more alive with a bit of manipulating.

49 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I've got some simple flute vsti's that could be more alive with a bit of manipulating.

Wouldn't it be easier to just do it directly through the VI plugin rather than converting to audio?

But to answer your question, Melodyne doesn't seem to have the necessary tools to do this easily (at least that I'm aware of).

1 hour ago, locrian said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just do it directly through the VI plugin rather than converting to audio?

But to answer your question, Melodyne doesn't seem to have the necessary tools to do this easily (at least that I'm aware of).

Ok,  i see your point.

• Like 1

I use melodyne studio all the time on instrument tracks as well as vocals. It’s been interesting because I would’ve assumed synths are on pitch, sometimes I find they are better after I fix them in melodyne. I have fixed bass and guitar notes too, made up new bass and guitar phrases, stretched notes on like an ending note of a song. I have fixed drum track timing that needed it. I use the make notes louder or quieter quite a bit to level vs compression. It’s great to experiment and try new things like looking for harmonies. Using the formant tool can change a sound quite a bit. You can deess of course, but can also fade the beginning or end of a note. It’s great for fixing things but also a creative tool. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 3

7 hours ago, treesha said:

I use melodyne studio all the time on instrument tracks as well as vocals. It’s been interesting because I would’ve assumed synths are on pitch, sometimes I find they are better after I fix them in melodyne. I have fixed bass and guitar notes too, made up new bass and guitar phrases, stretched notes on like an ending note of a song. I have fixed drum track timing that needed it. I use the make notes louder or quieter quite a bit to level vs compression. It’s great to experiment and try new things like looking for harmonies. Using the formant tool can change a sound quite a bit. You can deess of course, but can also fade the beginning or end of a note. It’s great for fixing things but also a creative tool. 

Nice to hear that it wasn't just wishful thinking from my side. 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treesha said:

I don't yet have a fretless bass, but the Marco Marcústico I ordered will eventually see the light of day (280 day build time). I can see Melodyne being very useful for fixing off-notes as I learn to accurately play a fretless. I have to admit that my biggest use of Melodyne is for transcribing bass lines in the original songs.

• Like 3

I tune Flute all the time. It is close to sine wave and is well recognized by Melodyne. I have also noticed the upper octaves of several Modo basses are out of tune. It works great for that too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, treesha said:

Exactly. Melodyne is extraordinarily powerful. Can do everything from basic pitch correcting a solo vocal to completely altering the chords in a polyphonic piano performance, or reducing / amplifying vibrato in any material, or pitch correcting toms / kick drums in a full kit performance and can accomplish some wild experimental / sound design tasks.

I think some people don't realize you can alter pitch, sibilants, vibrato, volume, length / timing and fomants of every note - both in mono and polyphonic material on any instrument. And once you learn the program well it can be very transparent even with fairly extreme tweaks, like changing the entire key of a song (have done this a couple times with remix work when changing all the stems from major to minor or vice versa), or changing the intonation of individual lyrics...something that's also used in post-production for tv / movie dialogue. It's been a "can't live without" plugin for over 10 years for me. 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

21 hours ago, Kurre said:

I use it sometimes on Bass and Guitar...mainly to lengthen a not here or there, to get rid of unwanted noise, and to create rises or falls of notes.  You can really surprise yourself with what it can do.  You can also ruin things fairly quickly 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, treesha said:

I quite agree Treesha - it's an excellent tool when used correctly.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, steve@baselines.com said:

... and to create rises or falls of notes...

When studying infovideos, those bits and the formant thing cought my eye.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 12:27 PM, Kurre said:

I've used it on guitars, bass & esp harmonica. It's a life saver on harmonica cause it allows u to shift keys(cant afford 12 harps) as well as tune it. Also, since a standard harp is limited to certain note intervals, it allows u to be creative and move notes around. Man if another harmonica player tried learning my parts, he'd be scratching his head. (Until he realized I cheated 😁)

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 10:27 AM, Kurre said:

I use it for convert audio to midi

• Like 1