Long distance move and new studio design.

6 hours ago, craigb said:

Congrats on a successful trip!  I'm currently in hiding because my June allergies are going crazy, but I think you'll love the nature out here. 🙂

We are already enjoying it very much! :) it’s the calm before the storm right now though - the movers will be here in the next hour. I’m excited to have places to sit and my computers up and running sometime today. 👍

So far we’ve talked about the move, and that’s great; welcome to the PacNW!

(interestingly enough, I just left the great NW, after 45 years and returned home to the Golden West, but that’s another story…)

What we haven’t discussed is your new studio. Are you looking for design help, or design and build help?

There is a forum member, @Glenn Stanton, that was very involved on the the old John Sayers design site, you should at least have a conversation with. 

best wishes for your new home,

t

14 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

So far we’ve talked about the move, and that’s great; welcome to the PacNW!

(interestingly enough, I just left the great NW, after 45 years and returned home to the Golden West, but that’s another story…)

What we haven’t discussed is your new studio. Are you looking for design help, or design and build help?

There is a forum member, @Glenn Stanton, that was very involved on the the old John Sayers design site, you should at least have a conversation with. 

best wishes for your new home,

t

Thank you! I have a consult with a design company in a few weeks. It’s a company out of Indiana recommended to me by Sweetwater rep. I did my last one and it came out well but this time I’ve decided to hire a professional to do the design for both acoustic treatment and sound containment. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear the move finally happened without anything major to report.  

My wife and I just got the inside of the house repainted.  I thought everything would go back the way it was...

Well, that ain't happening! She is ready to get rid of a lot of stuff. So we will be making some trips to Goodwill and also make a refresh start!!

• Like 2

On 6/30/2024 at 10:15 PM, Grem said:

Glad to hear the move finally happened without anything major to report.  

My wife and I just got the inside of the house repainted.  I thought everything would go back the way it was...

Well, that ain't happening! She is ready to get rid of a lot of stuff. So we will be making some trips to Goodwill and also make a refresh start!!

It was so much work to do but shedding all the things we no longer needed or wanted before we moved was worth the work. Everything we unbox is something we chose to bring with us; I like the vibe of unpacking like this. :)