An Intersting Combination

The whole point of this thread is to share opinions on the most unique "collaborations" in music.

I start with this one.  Paul McCartney, David Gilmour on guitar.

David Gilmour solos but most notably at 3:19

• Like 5

A couple with David Bowie.  I saw the first one with my parents.

Bowie and Bing Crosby - Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy

Then there's this one with Bowie and Annie Lennox joining Queen for Under Pressure!

• Like 3

Sorry, but as soon as I was thinking about those Bowie collabs, I just thought of this one!  Here's a couple of versions for your entertainment! 😁

Bowie and Mick Jagger - Dancing In The Streets

Original

And my favorite version! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I also think it's funny, looking back as we can now, that David changed his last name from Jones to Bowie so as not to be confused with David (Davy) Jones from the Monkees!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craigb said:

I also think it's funny, looking back as we can now, that David changed his last name from Jones to Bowie so as not to be confused with David (Davy) Jones from the Monkees!

Many moons ago my band were being assisted in a recording project by a guy who had briefly flirted with fame and fortune in the 1960's and among many stories he told us was one about a major music press review of a gig they played at The Marquee Club in London, a venue which had seen many a big name in it's time. At the time his band were being touted as the next big thing and the review of their performance seemed to confirm that this would be so. Their support act was scathingly slated by the same reviewer, along the lines of...this guy is hopeless and really needed to find another hobby. His name was David Jones. Not knowing the connection at that time, but sensing that he was expecting a reaction from me I had to ask what was the significance of the story....?

He replied " These days he calls himself David Bowie"

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

The whole point of this thread is to share opinions on the most unique "collaborations" in music.

I start with this one.  Paul McCartney, David Gilmour on guitar.

David Gilmour solos but most notably at 3:19

Excellent arrangement with top notch guitar and vocal .. SRM

• Like 1