Sampleson Scaper and SkyWaves bundle flash sale $29 for both (Flash Cinematic Bundle)

Spice3d

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Spice3d said:

Larry,

I saw your post, but with the Cinematic Bundle, you get Scaper *and* SkyWaves for $29. 

I had already corrected my comment Spice...and it wasn't my post

Edited by cclarry

Posted (edited)

I'm slightly intrigued by the bundle. 

Too bad I think I decided to try and cut back on buying things that have their own online activation procedures set up, simply because keeping track of them is a pain in the butt. I always feel a bit wary about the longevity of smaller operators keeping those systems online (sure the price point mitigates the risk of losses a bit, but still).

Edited by Kirean

On 6/6/2024 at 6:58 PM, dumbquestions said:

Anyone who bought scraper like it more than paulxstretch?

I bought Scaper but so far I prefer PaulXStretch. The sounds coming out of Scaper seem always ominous and menacing, regardless of the source sample. There are relatively few parameters that can be adjusted. I've tried fiddling with everything, but still it sounds like a horror movie all the time. I guess the clue is in the description of it as 'cinematic'.

By contrast, even though I don't really know what I'm doing with PaulXStretch, I find that when I play around with it, the sounds it outputs have much more variety and are more appealing, more atmospheric. I've got some lovely sounds out of it.

Nevertheless, I'll persist with Scaper to see if I've misunderstood what it can do. Plus, I got SkyWaves as part of the deal, so I'm hopeful that will be useful as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, David Inglesfield said:

I bought Scaper but so far I prefer PaulXStretch. The sounds coming out of Scaper seem always ominous and menacing, regardless of the source sample. There are relatively few parameters that can be adjusted. I've tried fiddling with everything, but still it sounds like a horror movie all the time. I guess the clue is in the description of it as 'cinematic'.

By contrast, even though I don't really know what I'm doing with PaulXStretch, I find that when I play around with it, the sounds it outputs have much more variety and are more appealing, more atmospheric. I've got some lovely sounds out of it.

Nevertheless, I'll persist with Scaper to see if I've misunderstood what it can do. Plus, I got SkyWaves as part of the deal, so I'm hopeful that will be useful as well.

That’s really helpful to know, thanks for your opinion—I’m going to pass in that case. I have a few horror sample libraries that came bundled with packages like komplete for example, that I’ve never installed, solely for the reason that I have no use for scary/menacing sounds myself. My taste in soundcapes is more in the realm of open/beautiful/shimmer type stuff, i like the paulxstretch for that, but the GUI on scraper is really what caught my attention. Would be a decent upgrade if paul’s controls were simplified to look like scraper, but I don’t mind blindly tweaking knobs until then. Do let us know, though, if you find out anything else about scraper as you continue messing with it

Edited by dumbquestions