Hung By Pride

Glenn Stanton

a modern blues number about the mystery of the break up and how our unbreakable pride can keeps things on a collision course for failure.

? 

BPM 86
Key C
Meter 4/4

Lyrics
--------------------------------------------------------------------

something silver, shiney, and caressed
something close to her heart says
i'm batting second best

so how'd we end up in this big old mess?
i wanna know

she got her reasons and i got mine
it's a sorryful thing to be hung by pride
pride
she won't break and i won't cry
no, i won't cry
i won't cry

seven reasons then i wept to rest
she's always right in the fight
about second best

i wanna know

it's a terrible thing to be hung by pride
pride
no, i won't cry
i won't cry

something here that we both can't stand
drowning in wine didn't lend a hand
we both agreed this ain't nowhere to be
and now we're free
free

something silver, shiney, and caressed
something close to her heart says
i'm batting second best

i wanna know

it's a pitiful thing to be hung by pride
pride
no, i won't cry
i won't cry

i won't cry
i won't cry

no

• Like 2

Wow. that's really nice.  Nice work on the harmonies.  Very nice mix and arrangement.  I have never heard modern blues, so this is what it sounds like.  Very nice arrangement too, the comings and goings of the instruments.  The vocals stand out.

• Like 1

Nice song - good lyrics, great acoustic sound. one thing I hear that I would work on is the harmonies in the 'so how'd we end up...'  I think they are just slightly off.  It would really sound great if those were fine tuned.  If you agree but don't want to spend a lot of time singing them out again I can help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Great lyrics, very nice arrangement .. what did you use for the violins they have a great sound ..

the strings are a combination of the sforzando SF "Ethan's Cello" (cello - needed more attack than most of my other libraries) and the violins are Sine Player long major chord sustain.

1 hour ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Nice song - good lyrics, great acoustic sound. one thing I hear that I would work on is the harmonies in the 'so how'd we end up...'  I think they are just slightly off.  It would really sound great if those were fine tuned.  If you agree but don't want to spend a lot of time singing them out again I can help.

yes in listening back - this may be due to the third vocal "invisible" which is very breathy and tense so i may remove it for those parts. thanks for the offer!

3 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

Wow. that's really nice.  Nice work on the harmonies.  Very nice mix and arrangement.  I have never heard modern blues, so this is what it sounds like.  Very nice arrangement too, the comings and goings of the instruments.  The vocals stand out.

thanks! i was sort of joking when i said modern blues but as i was trying to find a bucket for them on one of the sites i post to, which had "Blues - Modern" and i was like, "hey, this is kind of a blues number"... so there it is...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

the strings are a combination of the sforzando SF "Ethan's Cello" (cello - needed more attack than most of my other libraries) and the violins are Sine Player long major chord sustain.

Thankyou Glenn, much appreciated

Steve

• Like 1

This is a damn good pop song that I'd listen to again and again.  You have a good voice for this style, which I think is the star here.  The mix is clear and balanced on my system.  Take a bow!

• Like 1