NEW Win install- Need CW install help please

Posted (edited)

So, finally, motherboard died. Got new GPU, PSU and Asus Z790-A motherboard. 

I have NOT installed CW yet because: I have 3 nvme2's- 1 is OS, 1 is Audio, those are easy, BUT, my sample drive has all the CW content files, multisamples, etc. 

IAH, I do not remember the best way to approach the install? Sample drive has all the VST samples also. I NEED the samples, etc on the Sample drive, not on the C drive, which is where CW wants to install them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. mlink? is that the ticket? HOW?

Thanks-at least Daw, well PC for now is running great and fast. Long day of windows BS so I ill attack this stuff tomorrow. iirc most, if not all of my VSTs have custom install options but iirc CWbyBL doesn't!

Thanks

Edited by Pathfinder

Posted (edited)

@Pathfinder I think maybe folks are confused by your question. CakeWalk requires no samples.
The DAW CakeWalk by BandLab will install itself to the C drive, as well it should.

The CakeWalk Product Center will install Studio Instruments and Drum Replacer.
Both of which do have samples. I installed Studio Instruments long ago and at that
time I did use a mklink to put the samples on the "sample" drive. I'm not sure where
Product Center wants to put it or the samples for Drum Replacer (I've never installed
Drum Replacer).

HTH,

t

You can find the link to The Product Center here.
It will install CbB as well, you will need your username and password.

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

@Pathfinder I think maybe folks are confused by your question. CakeWalk requires no samples.
The DAW CakeWalk by BandLab will install itself to the C drive, as well it should.

Both of which do have samples. I installed Studio Instruments long ago and at that
time I did use a mklink to put the samples on the "sample" drive. I'm not sure where
Product Center wants to put it or the samples for Drum Replacer (I've never installed
Drum Replacer).

HTH,

t

I KNOW CW requires NO SAMPLES. . Well studio Instruments do. CW WANTS to install these to C drive. I get that my VSTS have most all f the samples,BUT---I have not installed CW in a long time nd I have Cakewalk Contens and ALL the larger CW folders on my sample drive. Just don't remember how i did it. Like I said I am guessing mlink or something like that. But when I did it the first time the sample drive was empty. Anyway thanks for the eply-I honestly think I explained it pretty well in my OP.

I'll figure something out-thanks

Posted (edited)

I would imagine your new C drive won’t be maxed out buy installing a few samples.

My approach is I don’t worry about this anymore. That thinking is from a bygone era.

If an install gives me the option I most certainly do it. But if not it is not an issue because my C drive is 1 TB. and 100 times faster than my last computer.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I would imagine your new C drive won’t be maxed out buy installing a few samples.

My approach is I don’t worry about this anymore. That thinking is from a bygone era.

If an install gives me the option I most certainly do it. But if not it is not an issue because my C drive is 1 TB. and 100 times faster than my last computer.  

Well John- You make sense-My C drive for win 10 pro x64 is a new Samsung 990 Evo 1TB.

Many Thanks to you and Tom. sure wish my memory was even half as good as my vocals and guitar playing - But it isn't. 

Still not looking forward to re-installing my VSTS-but many I don't use so I need to check as I go!

Edited by Pathfinder

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

Drum Replacer).

HTH,

t

Didn't realize we had a control Center 😞 oh Product Center...........

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

Didn't realize we had a control Center 😞 oh Product Center...........

It's actually useless at this point. On my system it only lists Next. It doesn't do anything!    But I'm hoping someday it will be where we can install our old legacy Plug ins without the hassle of re installing old versions of Sonar. I have no clue why they released it when there's actually NO PRODUCTS!