?GainAimPro Out Now: Edit voice in seconds

Larry Shelby

On 5/30/2024 at 10:41 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Please do and let us know. 

t

OK I demoed it. It crashes Studio One 6.6.1 in you insert it.

It also loads GainAimPro itegration in the startup list like Melodyne Integration etc.

Guess what that does? It won't allow me to save a project that I don't even have GainAimPro inserted (cuz of course it crashes S.O. in that case).

UNINSTALLED!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

Guess what that does? It won't allow me to save a project that I don't even have GainAimPro inserted (cuz of course it crashes S.O. in that case).

The same thing happened to me this weekend when I tried out this plugin as well.  I installed it on Thursday but didn't get around to trying it out until Saturday.  I was working on a song that didn't even have the plugin in use. I tried to save it after doing a bit of work on it for a few hours. Couldn't save and wasn't sure what happened.

I then spent a couple of hours troubleshooting trying to figure out what happened.  To make a lengthy story short, I ran S1 in safe mode and re-enabled components until I got to VST3 last. I eventually remembered installing this plugin and then uninstalled it. Once removed, I was able to save projects again.

I was very surprised to see this happen. I had never experienced anything like this before with a plugin. The developer did send out an email with an update for the plugin. I lost interest after this episode and didn't bother re-installing it.

59 minutes ago, burtles101 said:

The same thing happened to me this weekend when I tried out this plugin as well.  I installed it on Thursday but didn't get around to trying it out until Saturday.  I was working on a song that didn't even have the plugin in use. I tried to save it after doing a bit of work on it for a few hours. Couldn't save and wasn't sure what happened.

I then spent a couple of hours troubleshooting trying to figure out what happened.  To make a lengthy story short, I ran S1 in safe mode and re-enabled components until I got to VST3 last. I eventually remembered installing this plugin and then uninstalled it. Once removed, I was able to save projects again.

I was very surprised to see this happen. I had never experienced anything like this before with a plugin. The developer did send out an email with an update for the plugin. I lost interest after this episode and didn't bother re-installing it.

What's really strange is that it did not affect any of my other DAWs (ProTools Studio, Reason 12, Mixcraft 10, Digital Performer 11, Cubase 13, Reaper 7, MIxbus 10, Bitwig 5 and CbB).

5 minutes ago, Bapu said:

What's really strange is that it did not affect any of my other DAWs (ProTools Studio, Reason 12, Mixcraft 10, Digital Performer 11, Cubase 13, Reaper 7, MIxbus 10, Bitwig 5 and CbB).

The update that the dev posted seems to only address issues that occurred in S1 and Logic. I assume this means that other daws don't have any known issues at the moment.

"Update GainAimPro v1.0.2

Studio One

Sessions are now saved even

if GainAimPro is not used.

Logic Pro

Fixed Transfer mode for mono tracks."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, burtles101 said:

The update that the dev posted seems to only address issues that occurred in S1 and Logic. I assume this means that other daws don't have any known issues at the moment.

"Update GainAimPro v1.0.2

Studio One

Sessions are now saved even

if GainAimPro is not used.

Logic Pro

Fixed Transfer mode for mono tracks."

Doesn't mention the crashes though..... might wait a while on this.

On 6/4/2024 at 2:10 PM, Brando said:

Doesn't mention the crashes though..... might wait a while on this.

FWIW I bought this mostly to replace a couple of Waves (and others) gain rider plugins. I am still trying to figure out the ARA "AI" (infinite lookahead) aspects. Works well in Studio One 6.6.1 here though. (Plugin version 1.0.3). 3 updates in a little over 2 weeks. For anyone who had difficulty with the plug (Bapu!) on first trial, it might be worth another look. Not affiliated with this supplier in any way. He did refund my purchase of the basic version (Gainaim) so I could take advantage of the Pro version current discount at a bigger savings than the upgrade discount would have been. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brando said:

FWIW I bought this mostly to replace a couple of Waves (and others) gain rider plugins. I am still trying to figure out the ARA "AI" (infinite lookahead) aspects. Works well in Studio One 6.6.1 here though. (Plugin version 1.0.3). 3 updates in a little over 2 weeks. For anyone who had difficulty with the plug (Bapu!) on first trial, it might be worth another look. Not affiliated with this supplier in any way. He did refund my purchase of the basic version (Gainaim) so I could take advantage of the Pro version current discount at a bigger savings than the upgrade discount would have been. ?

I bought it after the 3rd update. Works a treat with my limited knowledge at this point.