FREE DAW! Bitwig Studio 8-Track (limited time promotion)

Francisco-J

Pay attention to the video captured by Future Music (es) in the recent edition of the Superbooth 2024 event, there you can find the code so you can get your free license for the Bitwig Studio 8-Track DAW

limited time promotion

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Happy to try it out.

Does anyone use it as primary DAW? Is it offering something else than FlStudio or Ableton? What’s their philosophy for music production?

Btw, looked into their website and saw this nice addition for who’s interested:

Free BeatMagazine pack — COLOSSAL CHOIRS & VOICES for Bitwig Sampler

https://zamplersounds.sellfy.store/p/colossal-choirs-and-voices-for-bitwig-sampler/

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 6:05 AM, Brian Walton said:

Anyone get that scan to actually do anything?

Yes, but I had to change the YouTube resolution to max (2160p) and even then it took multiple tries.
And it created an additional new 8 Track license, it did not extend my current license which ends next month. 
I lost a month but not upset about it.

VST limitation certainly looks like a cripple hammer to a plugin junkie.

Depends on how you look at it...

1. It's a way to verify if the BitWig ecoscape works for you.
    No point in buying a full Studio license if you don't like how the 8 Track version works.
  2. It qualifies you for upgrades which can save you some $.

Think of it more as an opportunity rather than a limitation.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

VST limitation certainly looks like a cripple hammer to a plugin junkie.

With some careful bouncing/freezing of tracks, it might be worked around. Go freezy-bouncy, then export stems, bring it into Sonar or your DAW of choice to unleash your vast collection of plug-ins for the mixing/mastering phases.

Besides, I saw this YouTube video where a guy with his eyes open really wide said that the one secret that nobody will tell you is that your DAW's stock plug-ins are fine for any mixing task.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

With some careful bouncing/freezing of tracks, it might be worked around. Go freezy-bouncy, then export stems, bring it into Sonar or your DAW of choice to unleash your vast collection of plug-ins for the mixing/mastering phases.

Besides, I saw this YouTube video where a guy with his eyes open really wide said that the one secret that nobody will tell you is that your DAW's stock plug-ins are fine for any mixing task.

Daws dont come with Tonex or MSooperlooper.  :)

It just seems dumb to me to offer eight tracks, then turn around and punish(cripple) you with only two VST tracks.  Sure @TheSteven brings up some good points, but it still doesn't make me want to even install to try out.  How good can my system really handle it with only two VST tracks.  I can't really test something out like that.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, Topcheese said:

It just seems dumb to me to offer eight tracks, then turn around and punish(cripple) you with only two VST tracks.  Sure @TheSteven brings up some good points, but it still doesn't make me want to even install to try out.  How good can my system really handle it with only two VST tracks.  I can't really test something out like that.

There’s a 30 day demo of the full version if you want to test it.

• Great Idea 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Daws dont come with Tonex or MSooperlooper.  :)

Nor are Tonex and MSuperTrouper intended for "mixing task[s]," ye of little faith in my imaginary YouTube's sayers of sooth, baiters of clicks.

Edited by Starship Krupa