I Got Problems

Kevin Walsh

Posted (edited)

Here's a new one I'm working on. It's a work in progress in that I'm considering adding another verse and a proper bridge but for now, it's under 4 minutes and I want to see if it stands on its own without them.

As always, your comments are deeply appreciated!

i got problems 

verse 1

she said forty one was her number
she wouldn't settle for anything less
and if i don't like the way she done
things here,
there's gonna be a hell of a mess

there were thirteen stones in my pocket
and some cigarettes in my shoes
with a fine tooth comb
and some dental floss
my entire fortune to lose

chorus 

yeah ive got problems
I've got problems 
whoa whoa.

yeah ive got problems
I've got problems 
whoa whoa.

verse 2
she called a certain number
on her ruby red telephone
she told her boys 
to gather up their toys
and she took my fine tooth comb

i got thirteen bones in my pocket
a cigarette in my shoe
trouble here and trouble there
i aint got nothin to lose

chorus

oh ive got problems
baby jesus
i got issues cant you see 
that i can't be held responsible
i got some strange disease

yeah ive got problems
I've got problems 
whoa whoa.

Edited by Kevin Walsh
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Cool track and I love the guitar riff and sound. I found that opening instrumental was really good. Kudos. 

Thanks! Your cover of "I'm Losing You" has inspired me to try a cover. I appreciate your feedback!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Not sure but I'm thinking of "How Do You Sleep" :)

That's a great pick! I've contemplated that one, because like "Cold Turkey" and "I'm Losing You," it's heavily based around a really cool guitar riff.  I hope you do it! 

This is bloody good, great mix and I don't understand the message at all ? but that don't matter cause it's real Kevin Walsh!

Well done and thanks for the post .... I'm singing it now ..well the hook really LOL?️

Love ya stuff

Steve

16 hours ago, steve@baselines.com said:

Cool guitar tones and I like the snare.  I'm a fan of 4 minutes or under in most cases.  It sounds great - if you put any more into it, I would build up the lyrical ideas.  I'm missing what's really going on in the story, but maybe that's just me.

Agreed ... I'm missing what's going on as well  .. but the lyric works Hmmm

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 2:32 AM, Supa Reels said:

This is bloody good, great mix and I don't understand the message at all ? but that don't matter cause it's real Kevin Walsh!

Well done and thanks for the post .... I'm singing it now ..well the hook really LOL?️

Love ya stuff

Steve

Thanks for the kind words, Steve.  I guess the lyrics are kind of abstract. :) I guess the song means whatever the listener thinks it means. I like the way they sound.

On 5/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Cool guitar tones and I like the snare.  I'm a fan of 4 minutes or under in most cases.  It sounds great - if you put any more into it, I would build up the lyrical ideas.  I'm missing what's really going on in the story, but maybe that's just me.

It's my version of a lament. I sort of had in mind a guy who got himself in debt to an unsavory bunch of folks, leaving him under threat and left with nothing but the ability to whine about it. Thanks for your good advice and thanks for listening, steve!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Agreed ... I'm missing what's going on as well  .. but the lyric works Hmmm

See my comments above. Story aside, I tend to assemble words that sound good together to me and that focus on serving the melody and the mood  rather than telling a cohesive story.

Thanks!

• Great Idea 1