Soundcloud renewal ripoff?

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Back in December I decided to drop Soundcloud Pro, because, why?

the next yearly payment was coming due in April, so I set my account to "non-renew" 

Here comes April, and SC charges me $155 for another year. Yet all my settings say "non-renew"

May 1st, I send a support request ticket into SC (there is no tech support phone number)

I get an actual email back from  SC employee, they say they'll look into it

May 8th, I get a second email: "due to high volume of billing support requests, it will take longer" yeah, I know, your call is important to us

I email them back on May 19th, requesting a status update.

I have heard nothing back.

So should I conclude that this is a scamcloud?

33 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

So should I conclude that this is a scamcloud?

It would appear so. The "volume of calls" could be more users like you. 

Hope you get your money back.

11 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

this shouldn't need a human to check... either sh1t software or deliberate dodgy business practice, who regulates this stuff?! ?

Should never let the WHO regulate anything!!!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 11:30 AM, DeeringAmps said:

If you paid by CC; dispute the charge. Same thing with PayPal.

This is what I would be doing.   Collate all emails and correspondence between you and SC.

• Like 1

This is why I always use a virtual credit card for all my subscriptions. I set it to the amount needed when first signing up, then change the daily limit to $1, so that any subsequent charges fail. I can then decide whether to renew or not. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

Posted (edited)

I’ve run into this with SoundCloud and others. So I too have a bank account/ card that is only loaded with enough money to pay the current bill and when something auto-renews it fails and I get notified. I can decide from there. 

A buddy and I only used SoundCloud for having a place to upload the music and listen but have zero illusions that it will get our music out there. Bandlab, Landr, Jango, etc. are no different. At some point we might drop back to the basic free SoundCloud. 

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bummer, dude! It sucks when you feel like you're getting the short end of the stick. It's always frustrating dealing with those sneaky fees and renewals. As for whether we've found any legit sites for free SoundCloud plays, I haven't stumbled upon any yet. But hey, if anyone's got the hook-up, feel free to drop it here! Also, be careful with those sites promising free plays, sometimes they're sketchy. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Anyway, thanks for the heads up, and hang in there! By the way, stumbled upon this site the other day, might be worth a peek: https://growmyprofile.com/free-soundcloud-plays/.

Edited by samueldaisi