LUNA (free) for Windows

jackson white

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

For the way I record drums using the Apollo ecosystem, yeah, it just might.

In Studio One it takes bouncing between the SO Console and the UAD Console quite a bit to get the levels set. LUNA   does away with the use of the independent UAD Console since it's integrated. One stop shopping and all that rot.

This is how I'm hoping Luna will work out - for tracking stuff to mix in Studio One.  Only on a much smaller scale and with VI drums to map out songs.  🙂

12 minutes ago, mibby said:

What are your PC specs these days Lars?

I have a Ryzen 9 5900 4.8 Ghz Max, 32 Gb Ram, half a dozen hard drives on an Asus Motherboard Mib...
I built this system myself.

• Thanks 1

Sounds good on my work pc speakers!  I wonder if the LV might get a little more clarity with more of a HP to clean up the lows? (maybe??)  That's just the nittiest of picks. It sounds good!  👍

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Looks great if you are an audio guy.  Jump to about minute 28 ("cons") to see that if you are a MIDI/VI person, it's not a contender.

Well you have to leave room to "Grow" otherwise what's the point?  LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mibby said:

Sounds good on my work pc speakers!  I wonder if the LV might get a little more clarity with more of a HP to clean up the lows? (maybe??)  That's just the nittiest of picks. It sounds good!  👍

There is already a high pass at 50 hz....I raised it to 80 and it did take a little more mud out of the vocal!

Thanx Mib!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zo said:

How does it hanle midi controllers ? mapping , focus on device ? ect ...

It has the typical set up screen for controllers but I haven't tried one yet...
I'll get in to that soon...

Screenshot 2024-05-24 110022.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Update to 1.6.2 solved one of my two VST3s causeing LUNA start failures.

I restored vocalreverb.vst3 and LUNA started as expected.

When I restored PAs obsolete SPL DeVerb LUNA failed to start (just disappeared)

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Streetz Myestro said:

I can't even get the update. UA Connect isn't showing an update available. I renamed my vst3 folder just to get Luna to open and it said I had the latest version. This shouldn't be this difficult. 😐

Just remember this is still open BETA, expect hiccups like this.

FYI I opened LUNA (as @cclarry suggested in the other thread) and did the update there, not UA Connect).

• Like 1

Hi. I have had no issues installing LUNA, or getting my Faderport 16, Consol1 and NI S25 as control surfaces.

I'm in the middle of trying to track some acoustic geetar through my Apollo Solo and LUNA.

The comping is lacking and cumbersome, IMO, but might get better.

I am not changing over to LUNA, but cool to have a new DAW, and the implementation of UAD console into tracks in LUNA is very cool.

All the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, Streetz Myestro said:

I can't even get the update. UA Connect isn't showing an update available. I renamed my vst3 folder just to get Luna to open and it said I had the latest version. This shouldn't be this difficult. 😐

You actually may have the latest version. I don't think Luna is at version 1.6.2 as stated in the title of Larry's thread. It is at 1.6 2nd Supplemental as stated in the body of Larry's thread. The actual version number is 1.6.0.3515.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You actually may have the latest version. I don't think Luna is at version 1.6.2 as stated in the title of Larry's thread. It is at 1.6 2nd Supplemental as stated in the body of Larry's thread. The actual version number is 1.6.0.3515.

Fixed in the update thread...

• Like 1