The plugin scam exposed. Did you fall for it?

cclarry

Posted (edited)

I remember someone here stating that “All you need is Fabfilter plugins and you will never look back”

let me tell you.. im coming after you!

Edited by GoncaloL
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

But, but, but,  what about my prized UAD Pultec Passive EQ Collection? The interface looks super old school vintage! Surely this has the special analog mojo. I buy the vintage looking gear because I want to cosplay audio engineer. Someone needs to shut this guy up.  He is spoiling all the fun!

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/equalizers/pultec-passive-eq-collection.html

Edited by Scott H
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 8

1. Seeing the Apple sign in his video all the time, I am not sure whether I should mistrust this guy! 😄
  2. He has forgotten that the handling (UI) of the EQs is quite different and everyone has another taste! E.g. for me an EQ without direct number input is almost unusable or if the text is too small ... A user interface has to be comfortable for you as individual!
  3. He also forgets the limits of a plugin. Maybe the maximum freq is only 17000 Hz, or Q cannot go high enough ... (For example I was searching a long time to find a Gate/Expander with all the functionality required for a special task.)

Other than that I believe that he is right!

• Like 1