If Rammstein wrote Careless Whisper

The Door's version was the best. Only thing missing was at the end some real good Jim screams, like from LA Woman. That would have put it over the top!!

I had never heard the original (although I have over 380,000 songs in my library, there are still a lot of bands I'm really not familiar with!), but the A.I.C. version above was stellar!  I definitely would have bought that album.

Others (along the same vein?), that I just never started to listen to include Tool, Slipknot, Disturbed, System Of A Down, Rage Against The Machine, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Five Finger Death Punch, Linkin Park, etc.  I might be too old to start on those now!  LOL.

5 hours ago, Rain said:

This one actually gave me goosebumps when they hit the chorus. I love the original but this is a nice twist on it.

Gee, thanks Rain...  Once I realized this had Denis on it, but was from another channel, I went to go check that one out and now have a lot of fun time-wasting ahead of me! ?

Both of these guys really excel at creating the feel of the bands they're aiming at.  Many of the original songs are hard to recognize and just feel like a new song by the band they're emulating.  

Enjoying a lot of these! ?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, craigb said:

never started to listen to include Tool, Slipknot, Disturbed, System Of A Down, Rage Against The Machine, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Five Finger Death Punch, Linkin Park, etc.  I might be too old to start on those now!  LOL

I am a older gentleman like you. But you got to listen to some of those bands. 

Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness" is excellent. The whole band is smoken' on that entire album. Tool is another excellent band. Top knotch stuff. All of it.

Some of the rest... they OK. Worth a listen. FFDP is about the best out of the rest IMHO.

• Like 2

@Rain Thanks for posting that one. I love AIC. (I still remember the exact place on the interstate hwy when I first heard "Man In A Box". And the feeling I got!!).

Those two really pulled that one off. Like Craig, I would have bought that!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

I am a older gentleman like you. But you got to listen to some of those bands. 

Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness" is excellent. The whole band is smoken' on that entire album. Tool is another excellent band. Top knotch stuff. All of it.

Some of the rest... they OK. Worth a listen. FFDP is about the best out of the rest IMHO.

My choices are usually a mood thing so I guess I'll get around to these eventually!

On a similar note, I hear that Taylor Swift is now so popular that she's a billionaire!  However, I couldn't even name ONE of her songs let along recognize any if I heard one!  Oh, well!

I've been cycling through a lot of Progressive Rock, Trance, Classical Nocturns, Ambient, New Age, New Wave, Dark Wave and Shoe Gazing lately.  Those all go together, right? ?

3 minutes ago, craigb said:

couldn't even name ONE of her songs

I can, and it’s her only good song. After that she went downhill IMO. 

5 minutes ago, craigb said:

Taylor Swift is now so popular that she's a billionaire! 

Yeah, somebody buying it. Shows you how much my HO means!! LOL!!