How to automate master volume?

Hi. I'm used to automating track volume, gain, etc. But for the first time today I tried to automate the master bus volume but when I clicked the drop down menu it only shows these options...Screenshot(59).thumb.png.542af2c212a6c118f6e437f50c88c1cf.png

How do I go about automating my song's overall volume/output level? Thanks πŸ˜‰

... with a bright green neon square marking it's location.Β :D

FWIW.1, I often can't find things when they're right in front of me.

FWIW.2, You can also click the Track's lower left Automation button which instantly creates one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

Hiding in plain sight. 😜

Glad u enjoyed that Dave. Well in my defense, I did try the bus ouput vol before I asked the question. Prob was I forgot to turn on the Read button when I tried it πŸ™ƒ.

IΒ think since it was my first time trying it, I was kinda anticipating a problem. Cakewalk has thrown a lot of learning curves at my 50 yr old brain. I'm actually getting pretty good at it but deep down I'm always waiting for the next prob that's over my head. Luckily I have u guys to help me(and laugh at me πŸ˜„)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max Arwood said:

Next thing - group instruments and do bus volume automation!

Cheers Max. So far I've only made buses for effects, never for grouping. I don't use a lot of tracks but my drums are on three diff tracks. I'll try to group those to a bus tom. That would make life a lil easier. Thanks πŸ˜‰

• Great Idea 1