All Bitwig 50% off- the thread that refused to die :)

ralfrobert

33 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Hopefully that means another 12 months added to end of your plan i.e.  that plan would be active till Oct 24, 2025
Not 12 months from now (May 10, 2025). 

Waiting for the reply from Support before I pull that trigger. If it's the former I'll buy direct, if not I'll buy from jrrshop. For 2 years though. 2furjuan.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2024 at 11:44 AM, Bapu said:

Waiting for the reply from Support before I pull that trigger. If it's the former I'll buy direct, if not I'll buy from jrrshop. For 2 years though. 2furjuan.

No response yet.

On 5/9/2024 at 11:52 PM, TheSteven said:

No, not with Bitwig.
If you activate them both you will get 2 concurrent licenses  - others have tried and that's what happens (and support won't fix it).
But you can stash the 2nd license then whip it out and activate it once the 1st has expired and viola!

Edit: So never activate a new Bitwig license (if it's for the same edition) unless your old one has expired!

Got word from Bitwig. 
"Thanks for your email. The time will be added on top of whatever you have left, so no upgrade time will be lost."

So I purchased an upgrade from Thomann for $77. My expiration was 23 Oct 2024. After registering the code from Thomann, my expiry date is now 23 Oct 2025.

I'm off to buy one more year.

• Like 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to All Bitwig 50% off- the thread that refused to die :)
1 minute ago, Zoukiman said:

Already bought one update plan for this year, July. Should I buy a second one for next year too ? 

Seems it should work as well? 50%, damn good deal... 

If you buy it through Bitwig's website directly just make sure to tick the gift option otherwise it auto-adds the 12 months

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zoukiman said:

Already bought one update plan for this year, July. Should I buy a second one for next year too ? 

Seems it should work as well? 50%, damn good deal... 

I bought two and just set my expiry to 24 Oct 2026. I was told by Bitwig support that if V6 comes out anytime before 24 Oct 2026 I get that with no charge.

Since they version cycle seems to be about two years, I bought a third one from Thomann that will most likely cover v7 as well.

Edited by Bapu

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bapu said:

I bought two and just set my expiry to 24 Oct 2026. I was told by Bitwig support that if V6 comes out anytime before 24 Oct 2026 I get that with no charge.

Since they version cycle seems to be about two years, I bought a third one from Thomann that will most likely cover v7 as well.

OK, you registred 2 and the expiry went to 2026 automatically in your Bitwig account ? Right ? 

Tempting then, that a bunch of money to save... Next 50% will be in...??? 😉🙃

Edited by Zoukiman

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zoukiman said:

OK, you registred 2 and the expiry went to 2026 automatically in your Bitwig account ? Right ? 

Correct, except I ended up buying 3 to take me to 24 Oct 2027. That should cover two major release cycles.

Edited by Bapu

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Do you need to register now? Or could I wait until V6 is released and register it then? 

Not much in 5.2 that gives me FoMo

I'd assume you can wait if you buy from a retailer, they give you  redemption code, but if you buy direct I believe it automatically adds 1 year to your current license length.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bapu said:

but if you buy direct I believe it automatically adds 1 year to your current license length.

You can choose the "buy as a gift" option on checkout if you buy through their site. They then send the code via E'-mail as far as I know. And yes @Sander Verstraten you can just wait with the activation of your upgrade plan.

I made he jump on studio as well ...

@bapu if I buy a code for upgrade and register like in 2 years , basically when I feel it s worth to upgrade , does it work ? ( Komplete And wup style move ) 

Watching this as i type , this is brilliant ...i have live suite don't know if it's in it (surely) but never gelled with live GUI !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

I made he jump on studio as well ...

@bapu if I buy a code for upgrade and register like in 2 years , basically when I feel it s worth to upgrade , does it work ? ( Komplete And wup style move ) 

Yes it does. I did it in the past.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Watching this as i type , this is brilliant ...i have live suite don't know if it's in it (surely) but never gelled with live GUI !!

Same here. Never liked Ableton’s graphics. Instantly loved Bitwig’s. I’m a graphical musician, sue me. 

• Haha 1