Every Saint has a past

Bajan Blue

Hi All

We just launched the seventh track off our Kiss of Storms album.

It’s called Every Saint has a past.

No YouTube ban this time, so you are all old enough to watch it 😎 and I Hope you enjoy it.

You can see the lyrics here

https://devinelie.com/kiss-of-storms/every-saint-has-a-past/

And the whole album is available on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/27iKYYjlWOT2Ku0ltzSEKB

We’ve updated our website as well – we’ve got our own store now where you can get music and merchandise!!

https://devinelie.com

• Like 5

Wonderful track Nigel - Those police cars looked like they were travelling backward at first.  Don't know if that was intended, but it sure looked cool.  I liked the reflections of red/blue on the faces, and the ending fade out was a cool idea that tied it together.  Of course the audio sounds excellent as it always does!

Steve

Fantastic track, Nigel with an amazing video. You have such a great vocal going on here. Love the keys in the breaks.  As always, just wow.

Am I the only one hearing a Duran-Duran vibe here? 

• Like 1

Nigel, another outstanding music video. You must have some video production team working with you? I like the theme of this one, that everyone has done something in the past they're not proud of - at least that's the way I took it. Nice job.
-Bjorn

Maybe I am beginning to sound like an old vinyl record that is stuck but you have put out another very professional production (music and video).  All of them are different but have a commonality gives them your excellent signature.

This particular song is excellent (again) and has its own melancholy, reflective feel to it!

Great stuff Nigel

On 5/10/2024 at 8:28 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Wonderful track Nigel - Those police cars looked like they were travelling backward at first.  Don't know if that was intended, but it sure looked cool.  I liked the reflections of red/blue on the faces, and the ending fade out was a cool idea that tied it together.  Of course the audio sounds excellent as it always does!

Steve

Hi Steve

Glad you enjoyed the video and track and thanks for the great comments, always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

Great sounding track and a pro video. Everything seems just right,.. well done m8 but then you knew that.

One thing .. it sounds better here than the album track .clearer somehow ..makes it even better and fantastic album !

ATB

Steve 

On 5/10/2024 at 9:16 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Fantastic track, Nigel with an amazing video. You have such a great vocal going on here. Love the keys in the breaks.  As always, just wow.

Am I the only one hearing a Duran-Duran vibe here? 

Hi Kevin

Thanks so much for those very kind comments - always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/11/2024 at 1:09 AM, bjornpdx said:

Nigel, another outstanding music video. You must have some video production team working with you? I like the theme of this one, that everyone has done something in the past they're not proud of - at least that's the way I took it. Nice job.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn

Thanks for the great comments, appreciated.

With regards to this video, it was done by the lad I was mentoring here in South Africa - he was really getting very good indeed - unfortunately we all had a desperately sad experience with him - he was convinced, a few months ago, by someone unbeknown to all of us I should add, that he should have a Covid Booster shot - unfortunately he suffered the dreaded blood clot reaction within a day and although we rushed him to Hospital, he died almost immediately - it was so so sad.

Again unfortunately, we have seen a lot of this here in South  Africa.

At least his videos are still here to remind us of his promise

Again thanks

Nigel

On 5/11/2024 at 5:14 PM, KSband said:

Yes really nice. I love the sound of the backing vocals when they come in.

Hi

Thanks for this and thanks for the very kind comments - always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 5/10/2024 at 7:28 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Those police cars looked like they were travelling backward at first

Amazing what Drones can film these days ;) 

Sounds fine here Nigel, clean, well spaced mix, well defined vocal sitting in the mix.

On 5/14/2024 at 9:24 PM, freddy j said:

Maybe I am beginning to sound like an old vinyl record that is stuck but you have put out another very professional production (music and video).  All of them are different but have a commonality gives them your excellent signature.

This particular song is excellent (again) and has its own melancholy, reflective feel to it!

Great stuff Nigel

Hi Freddy

Thanks so much for the very kind comments - really appreciated

Keep well

Nigel