Waiting On A Train (New Video)

noynekker

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2024 at 10:39 PM, noynekker said:

Hey folks . . . first time posting a video. (I'm kind of new to music videos . . . whole different thing from my usual audio) This song was posted here about a month ago, where Mark Alan Skinner collaborated with me, and helped re-record WAITING ON A TRAIN . . . he's played acoustic guitars, mandolin and stand-up bass . . . so, then I had this video idea !

Free software, and free videos helped make this possible, as I have limited resources for this kind of thing . . . let me know what you think  . . .

Hey there! Congrats on your first music video post! It's awesome that you collaborated with Mark Alan Skinner on "Waiting on a Train" and brought in those acoustic guitars, mandolins, and stand-up bass.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the first post of the song.  I like the song, I like the video.  Nothing negative to say (which is unusual for me :)

I do have some questions though, who did the drum track and was it recorded live, using midi and samples or by using a drum program like EZ Drummer or Addictive Drums?

The vocal call and response harmonies are excellent.  Really enjoyed listening to the music and hearing the acoustic guitar runs.

I would have never guessed this was the first video you published.  How impressed was I by the song and video?  I subscribed to your YouTube channel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

I missed the first post of the song.  I like the song, I like the video.  Nothing negative to say (which is unusual for me :)

I do have some questions though, who did the drum track and was it recorded live, using midi and samples or by using a drum program like EZ Drummer or Addictive Drums?

The vocal call and response harmonies are excellent.  Really enjoyed listening to the music and hearing the acoustic guitar runs.

I would have never guessed this was the first video you published.  How impressed was I by the song and video?  I subscribed to your YouTube channel.

@Jim Fogle . . . thanks so much ! Glad you liked it (and subscribed, now I have 2, last I looked:) . . . I've always used BFD3 for drums, and my drum programming is based on playing with, and listening to many great drummers, to find out exactly what it is they really do back there, and how they can support the song idea. This one certainly got tweaked a lot along the way !

Bruce

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...