Earth Rising - song #9

amiller

On 10/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Starise said:

That should be a guitar and not a gun you're holding.....well ok I understand you might need to go after the bass player? Second thought, maybe you need both.

Quite a nice "jam" you have going on there . Nice silky guitar prowess is abundant!

Thanks for listening and commenting.  I appreciate the positive feedback.?

On 10/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, Leizer said:

Also heard a lovely Genesis vibe, enjoyed it a lot. :) Fantastic airy guitar sound. Good work! Perhaps the bass player has a bit early timing for my taste, from time to time.

I am a Genesis fan so I guess some of that influence might have worked it’s way, unconsciously, into this song.  Thanks for listening and critiquing and thanks for the kind words.?

Oh yeah, nice early Genesis vibe all over this one.   ?

Just an enjoyable listen from start to finish.   Lots of nice melodies throughout linked together into a complete piece.

Edit: fake ending!     ?

Edited by SteveC

On 10/30/2019 at 5:38 PM, SteveC said:

Oh yeah, nice early Genesis vibe all over this one.   ?

Just an enjoyable listen from start to finish.   Lots of nice melodies throughout linked together into a complete piece.

Edit: fake ending!     ?

Thanks for listening and the positive comments.  Another nod towards Genesis...I’m gonna have to take a closer listen to see if I can hear the connection.  ?

Classic Prog @amiller overtones of all the bands that had that style, Genesis, Yes, etc, etc.  Unless I am listening to a remix, the bass is fine on the Adam's, a little more punch on the kick might lift it but not totally necessary.

Nice musical journey with plenty to please the furry ears and keep the interested for the full 8:09 I like. :)   

On 11/5/2019 at 11:10 AM, Wookiee said:

Classic Prog @amiller overtones of all the bands that had that style, Genesis, Yes, etc, etc.  Unless I am listening to a remix, the bass is fine on the Adam's, a little more punch on the kick might lift it but not totally necessary.

Nice musical journey with plenty to please the furry ears and keep the interested for the full 8:09 I like. :)   

Thanks for listening and commenting. 
I’m a huge fan of early prog groups.  If some of that is coming through in my music...very cool.

Thank you for the kind words and critique.?

Hey,

Wow, this is really a fantastic progressive instrumental rocker!??

I love the acoustic intro, and then when everything kicks in, the guitar tone, tasty melodies and playing are phenomenal.  I also really liked the keyboards and great bass lines in the backing track, they really lay down a warm, well textured bed for the great guitar work.?

Outstanding work, brother, this is an absolute pleasure to listen to!?

Have a good one!
Bob

On 11/12/2019 at 8:38 AM, jerrydf said:

Reminiscent of the smoother Focus tracks, early Ackermann! Nice move through a few different themes.

Focus had some very cool cutting edge stuff back in the day.  Thanks for listening and the kind words.  ‘Always appreciated.?

On 11/12/2019 at 2:30 PM, Starise said:

Sweet tone happening here.. using an amp you built?  I thought the mix was well done. Playing never veers....thumbs up and thanks for posting!

Thanks for listening and for the kind words.  The amp tones are from a Kemper profile.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:54 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hey,

Wow, this is really a fantastic progressive instrumental rocker!??

I love the acoustic intro, and then when everything kicks in, the guitar tone, tasty melodies and playing are phenomenal.  I also really liked the keyboards and great bass lines in the backing track, they really lay down a warm, well textured bed for the great guitar work.?

Outstanding work, brother, this is an absolute pleasure to listen to!?

Have a good one!
Bob

Bob, thanks for the very kind words.  I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and for the wonderful comments.?