Presonus Revelator io 44 for $79.99 and io 24 for $99.99

Larry Shelby

• Larry Shelby changed the title to Presonus Revelator io 44 for $79.99 and io 24 for $99.99
  • 3 weeks later...

I wasn't aware of the io24.

Built-in DSP, still retains the traditional PreSonus MIDI jacks? Phone app control of the mixer? Very nice.

Not too long ago I paid $49 to get a Studio One Artist 6 license and was/am happy with the purchase. This tosses one in for free.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I wasn't aware of the io24.

Built-in DSP, still retains the traditional PreSonus MIDI jacks? Phone app control of the mixer? Very nice.

Not too long ago I paid $49 to get a Studio One Artist 6 license and was/am happy with the purchase. This tosses one in for free.

And you get the Studio Magic Plugin Pack that includes SPL Attacker, Mäag Audio EQ2, Lexicon’s MPX-i Reverb, Eventide H910 Harmonizer, Eventide Stereo Room, Brainworx bx_opto compressor and the Arturia Analog Lab Lite —classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia’s V-Collection of virtual instruments

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, cclarry said:

And you get the Studio Magic Plugin Pack that includes SPL Attacker, Mäag Audio EQ2, Lexicon’s MPX-i Reverb, Eventide H910 Harmonizer, Eventide Stereo Room, Brainworx bx_opto compressor and the Arturia Analog Lab Lite —classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia’s V-Collection of virtual instruments

They change the bundle over time and they dropped the H910 for example around 5 years ago. Before I registered my hardware so I missed out.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

SO Artist 6 is included with pretty much any PreSonus hardware AFAIK, including things that only cost $50 on sale. One other feature that is included but rarely gets mentioned is the "Univeral Control" software (digital mixer) that includes the layman's version of the FAT Channel to pre-process signals prior to recording and has multiple exposed ASIO channels for loopback/mixing and is a more intuitive option to OBS Studio IMO. Excellent for screen capture or video streaming, but will only work with PreSonus interface hardware. What surprised me with that software is I accidentally had connected streams at different bit-rates at one point... it inserted a hefty latency, but didn't crash out anything to my surprise (CbB was the odd man out in that scenario and didn't seem to care). Caveat to that... Melodyne, on the other hand, does care... and will crash out in a heartbeat in that situation.

If that includes the same interface guts as the Revelator mics (I am assuming it does), then it is also will meet the qualifications as a binaural interface for using Dolby Atmos (but needs SOP 6.5+ to take advantage of).

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

SO Artist 6 is included with pretty much any PreSonus hardware AFAIK, including things that only cost $50 on sale.

I've never bought any PreSonus item new, and they've all allowed me to register them and harvest the software titles. Maybe most people don't bother with registering. I recently bought a set of Eris 4.5 monitors and guessed the sale date at 2012 and registered them and the software titles showed up in my PreSonus account. No Studio One Artist license, but some nice plug-ins.

Anyway, it's worth checking if you buy PreSonus hardware used. There might even be an unclaimed Studio One Artist license attached to it. And Studio One Artist, after they enabled 3rd-party plug-in support a couple of versions ago, is a POWERFUL piece of software. They do check the serial numbers of your gear and only supply versions that match its age, so for instance when I registered my Studio 2|4 I was given a license for Studio One Artist 4 even though the current version of S1 was 5. Cost $50 to update it. Total outlay for Studio 2|4 interface plus Studio One Artist 6.5: $80.

Smart policy on PreSonus' part: honoring that Studio One Artist license ultimately got them another $50 straight to the bank account in addition to whatever they got for selling the interface new.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Anyway, it's worth checking if you buy PreSonus hardware used. There might even be an unclaimed Studio One Artist license attached to it.

I had specifically asked PreSonus about this last fall, since someone had (hopefully) joked about getting an Amazon order and returning it to get the software. PreSonus did confirm that in that situation they simply need verification (picture) of the hardware serial to shift it to another account and that the software goes with it as you mentioned above. They did not, however, confirm/deny the deletion of the software from the original account.

Amazon Warehouse is where Amazon returns go, so it is often something good to check to see if things are lackluster (i.e., there is a huge quantity of returns for sale). Things that have nothing or very few listed there are typically sound products. There are currently 13 Revelator io44 listed in the Amazon Warehouse... one for $49.84 (Used-Acceptable), a few Used-Like New are roughly $65, and the New are mostly between $77-$80, so @cclarry's MF is the route I would go as well with getting a new one. When things are not on sale, the New returns are sometimes a great deal if looking for a specific product "now."

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

They did not, however, confirm/deny the deletion of the software from the original account.

I suspect that's a "look the other way" thing. After all, they're charging little to nothing for the license to begin with in the hope that you'll someday move up to S1 Pro or at least do as I did and drop $50 on an update.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's $95 USD as opposed to $89.99 at Sweetwater...but if you're across the pond it would be cheaper as shipping
would eat the savings

Shipping, VAT, Import Duty and sometimes the couriers handling fees, make it rarely worthwhile.
Plus there is the potential hassle of returning it!

£74 is about $90 via PayPal rates. The io44 is only £9 less.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Shipping, VAT, Import Duty and sometimes the couriers handling fees, make it rarely worthwhile.
Plus there is the potential hassle of returning it!

£74 is about $90 via PayPal rates. The io44 is only £9 less.

Paypal exchange is typically higher...not lower...but maybe it's different there...IDK

20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Paypal exchange is typically higher...not lower...but maybe it's different there...IDK

I only look at it from my point of view and ignore the main market rates.
Sunday I was paying 1 GBP = $1.2137 USD.
So if I was buying something from Knobcloud costing $90, it would be £74.15.
But if you had wanted to buy something from Knobcloud at the same time, that was listed at £74.15, I don't know if you would have paid $90.
I don't know what the opposite exchange rate is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

This is what the current exchange shows...

74.00 British Pound Sterling equals

93.93 United States Dollar

But does $93.93 equal £74 when going the other way! I don't know.
I was using Sunday's PayPal rate and the £ v $ has been stable since then.

• Like 1