TIll when will last Cakewalk work?

jeejeestudio

7 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

Boy, you read a lot more into what I wrote than anyone could imagine. LOL. ;) Well, except for our resident Eeyore!

The entire post wasn't meant to rebut or even reply just to your post. I just took it as a starting point to sum up my thoughts on the subject. Apologies if it seemed otherwise.

• Like 2

So we have our official answer to how long cbc?  As long as it takes, I guess.  Users need to take cakewalk at its word that it ain’t coming for your DAW  - yet.  And you’ll get warning so you can find another free DAW.

• Like 2

I think the developers have been clear that there will be plenty of time to use CbB while we decide if Sonar is worth using or moving on. It appears to be an extremely fair offer.

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 1

I remember that statement to about when Sonar is released new downloads of CbB would not be available.    I don't worry anymore. I'm very thankful what Bandlab did to keep Cakewalk operational and will decide when Sonar is released if it fits my needs. If not priced within my budget  so be it.

Peace

and

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glenn Stanton said:

Butt memory isn't funny, many people have said i have my brains in my as* and so i take it seriously. ?

Och!  I hope you don't have diarrhea as you might poop out your brains ?

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I remember reading it as part of the statements about the upcoming changes. But memory is a funny thing.

I looked around all over here and I could not find that statement.  I do understand that 2023.09 was the last planned update of Cakewalk by BandLab.   But I could find nothing about downloads going unavailable.  There was a short time when it was a bit difficult to find them, but they are still available.  I don't think Cakewalk.next is a replacement and I have no idea where Sonar.next is on the horizon.

I also don't understand comments about time limits on CwB.  Mine is activated and there's no indication that a re-activation is required at any time in the future.  The `Help | About Cakewalk...` just provides a "CBCO-1.00-..." serial and says "Activated by Cakewalk."   I did sign in to BandLab as part of first-run.  (I still have my original Cakewalk account, but I don't think that has anything to do with this.)

2 hours ago, orcmid said:

I also don't understand comments about time limits on CwB.  Mine is activated and there's no indication that a re-activation is required at any time in the future. 

Validation of Cakewalk is and has always been good for 6 months from the last validation.

2 hours ago, orcmid said:

I looked around all over here and I could not find that statement.

It was part of the initial announcement thread, if memory serves. It cause a huge splash amongst the community of people who create CbB tutorials, because it will eventually make their tutorials less relevant.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2024 at 7:25 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Validation of Cakewalk is and has always been good for 6 months from the last validation.

It was part of the initial announcement thread, if memory serves. It cause a huge splash amongst the community of people who create CbB tutorials, because it will eventually make their tutorials less relevant.

One of the FAQs on the Cakewalk Sonar webpage states

We will continue providing community support and maintenance for Cakewalk by BandLab until Cakewalk Sonar becomes publicly available. At some point after the release of Sonar, Cakewalk by BandLab will no longer be supported. Note that existing Cakewalk by BandLab users will be able to continue using the software after the release of Cakewalk Sonar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1