What are the deals you really want to see?

Magic Russ

Always hold out hope for 50% off Plasmonic. No luck yet. 

Holding my breath for a sub-$50 Novum or Kult.  

Would have  been interested in a better V-Collection upgrade offer. Seems that is not in the cards. 

Any no-brainer-grade Melda bundle upgrade offer would definitely get my attention. 

A deep Tomofon sale might get me too. 

I also want a pony. A free one.

9 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I'd like to find the plugin that can make my modest acoustic with a sound hold pickup sound like a well mic'd guitar in a room at a no-brainer price.

Nembrini's Acoustic Voice requires a piezo pickup - it's Martin emulation sounds good. I converted an all acoustic Takamine Jade (budget line they produce) to acoustic electric using a JOYO JE-307 I bought on Amazon for $24. I'm going to try it with Acoustic Voice at some point. 

Blue Cat also has a guitar body/pickup emulator that includes acoustics. 

10 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I'd like to find the plugin that can make my modest acoustic with a sound hold pickup sound like a well mic'd guitar in a room at a no-brainer price.

36 minutes ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

Nembrini's Acoustic Voice requires a piezo pickup - it's Martin emulation sounds good. I converted an all acoustic Takamine Jade (budget line they produce) to acoustic electric using a JOYO JE-307 I bought on Amazon for $24. I'm going to try it with Acoustic Voice at some point. 

Blue Cat also has a guitar body/pickup emulator that includes acoustics. 

Actually, all you need is an IR loader and the right IR.  Here's a site with free acoustic IRs: http://acousticir.free.fr/ ... you'll want to find an IR that matches the pickup type.

Following the guitar IR, you could chain compression, EQ, modulation (e.g. chorus), delay, and a room reverb.

That's pretty much what Nembrini's Acoustic Voice is doing but doing it in a single plugin.

For a free IR loader, I'd suggest MConvolutionEZ.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Zebra 2 second hand is an option too, but I haven't seen a good offer yet 

You probably know this, but it would be a better option because it gives you Zebra Legacy for free* AND an upgrade path* to Zebra3 (for about €30 if I recall correctly). That's something to take into account when considering the price. I managed to buy Zebra2 in last July, so they are out there if you have the patience (and luck).

* if it was originally purchased before November 2022, but I don't think it was sold after that anymore.

Just now, audioschmaudio said:

@pseudopop yes, I know, but I'm not sure if the free upgrade to Legacy is also true for people who got the license second hand. Because technically it means that I did purchase it after November 2022.

According to u-he's customer support it applies to second hand licenses also, or at least to the one I purchased.

• Thanks 1

I need some multiples of McDsp stuff.  

And an APB at 50% off would be schweet.  Hey- a boy can dream.  

Some Accentize stuff.

Some UHE stuff. 

Some Kilohertz stuff.

Audiomovers Binaural Renderer.  

A path to the UAD Capital Comp.

Antares multiples.  

Maybe some Schwabe digital.  

A free Waves plug in that I’ll never use.  

And if Serum2, or Altiverb8mmersive drops, I wouldn’t be mad at an upgrade path.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cableguys full shapperbox 3         -  79€

Output bundle (whats missing)   - 124€

UVI Augmented orchestra.            - 149€

Klevgrand BF Synth Bundle.           -  79€

Ableton Live 12 upgrade.                - 159€

Cinesamples Musio 1.                        - 299€

Kidney.                                                        2000€

BF budget.                                               1.111€

Plenty of money to spend… Hey Kilohearts? Neural DSP?? What are you waiting for???

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pragi said:

I'm searching for deals related to

NI Session Horns UG to SessionHorns Pro

But this never happens.

And

Isotope Ozone Elements  UG to Ozone Standard.

I'm pretty sure that I stumbled across someone trying to sell the NI Session Horns Upgrade to Pro when I was doing searches at the unfortunately-named KnobCloud a couple of weeks ago. If you're not familiar with the site, it was created by a forum member from VI Control as a place where people can resell their sample libraries and plugins (in the cases where the developers permit it). I've found that people sell NI libraries for a small fraction of their list prices there. I've only done one purchase and it was Abbey Road Modern Drummer, and I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and paid around $21 USD, which is less than half of the lowest price I've ever seen NI sell it for. Everything went smoothly (I bought it from a seller with a lot of transactions with a top review rating). I think Izotope allows resale, so you might want to check search on that there too. 

I'm pretty happy with the sound of my Neo Soul Keys Studio, except historically, this developer had a bad habit of remotely deauthorizing my software without notice. And it didn't happen just once. So I promised to myself, should that happen to my NSK Studio, the next minute I will literally open Scarbee website and start looking for a sale on his EP 88. So today I launched my NSK Studio and straight out of the blue, there is my NSK Studio main view dimmed out and a pop-up window asking for an activation serial. Now imagine that would happen right before a gig ?. So that was it. My 'to buy' list I'm gonna open with Sca... oh, bear with me...

<1 minute later>

NVM! Just bought the Scarbee, wishlist fulfilled :D 

Now onto the... what 'tines' was it? Oh yeah, Vtines!

I am like last year not wanting anything special, nor can afford it if I saw it come up. I have gotten my bass (electrical issue, which is fixed and back) and Les Paul (needed the lot) fixed, so emptied my pockets quite a bit more than I hoped...

Not complaining, as I feel I have what I need (even if not all I want) this year.

All the best.

• Great Idea 1