Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

The Quos do  remind of Slade , another totally underrated live band.

Slade  got great in 1980 when they were last-minute replacements for Black Sabbath at the Reading Rock Festival.

The Sabbath fans have started to shout down there concert, but Slade keeps fighting and after 3 songs the crowd starts to listen and having fun.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pragi said:

The Quos do  remind of Slade , another totally underrated live band.

Slade  got great in 1980 when they were last-minute replacements for Black Sabbath at the Reading Rock Festival.

The Sabbath fans have started to shout down there concert, but Slade keeps fighting and after 3 songs the crowd starts to listen and having fun.

I was there ☺️

Slade were brought in to replace Ozzy's Blizzard Of Oz, and apparently were quite hesitant about doing so.

You are correct about their prowess as a live band - and Noddy had us eating out of his hand before long. He jokingly said it wasn't a 'request show' as so many people were shouting for them to play Merry Xmas Everybody, and followed that up, in his thick Brummie accent with, "Go on then - you lot f***** sing it!". And we did! (they even kept the crowd sing-a-long on the Slade Alive IV/Live at Reading 80 album).

Great line-up that year for us (New Wave Of British) Heavy Metal fans. Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, UFO and a load of others, plus established rockers like Rory Gallagher, Ian Gillan, Gary Moore and (the simply wonderful) Whitesnake. 

And incidentally, I was a big Slade fan as a kid - Gudbuy 'T Jane was the first record I ever bought ?

2 hours ago, Wibbles said:

Isn't that normally under six feet of water?

Because the whole band and crowd was electrified ?

I don´t think  the assembly needed doping  this way in the 70 and 80th.

Edited by Pragi

My first gig ,Grobschnitt ► Solar Music Part I & II [HQ Audio] Ballermann 1974

age 14.

Sorry, there is no video ,audio only from this gig:

There  is  also part 3 and 4 of "Solar music"The song is ca. 60 minutes , sometimes longer .

Edited by Pragi

3 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

"Electric Boogie" - Marcia Griffiths

You know how it goes, no need to post a video. It's the song that just won't die.

Honestly, I've never heard it before. I had to google it. I wished I hadn't.