Funky Shoes

KSband

Great soulful funky style to this song.  It reminds me a bit of the stuff of  a band out of New Orleans (The Meters) that put out some great stuff (e.g., Sissy Strut -- theme music for the great John R (50,000 watt station out of Nashville Tennessee).  This was a treat to listen to.

Thanks John. I have a couple of cheapies. They both were amazon warehouse deals so the Eastar soprano was 160 bucks and the Eastrock tenor was 220, both looked brand new. I had to do some tweaks to both to fix some air leaks but other than that they are very nice.  I have a Vito Leblanc alto but I don't really enjoy playing the alto compared to the other.  Just a beginner at this point but having a lot of fun with them. Do you play?

4 hours ago, KSband said:

Thanks John. I have a couple of cheapies. They both were amazon warehouse deals so the Eastar soprano was 160 bucks and the Eastrock tenor was 220, both looked brand new. I had to do some tweaks to both to fix some air leaks but other than that they are very nice.  I have a Vito Leblanc alto but I don't really enjoy playing the alto compared to the other.  Just a beginner at this point but having a lot of fun with them. Do you play?

I did years ago.  Clarinet too.  I still have my Conn alto that my first sax teacher sold me in 1964 and I still have my Buffet Crampon clarinet.  I bought new reeds for them a few years ago and tried to play them but my asthma just wouldn't let me get out more than a note or two before the huffin' and puffin' started.  My Buffet is leakey because it needs a new tenon cork which I'll get around to replacing someday.  But I played tenor sax in my high school band (centuries ago).  I'm very impressed by the sound of your "cheapo" horns.

?JB

Thanks to freddy j, Bajan Blue, johnbee,  Hidden Symmetry, bjornpdx, Wookie, DeeringAmps  and markno99, appreciate the listen and nice comments! Mark, always been a big Jeff Lorber Fusion fan in spite of KennyG.  I got to see Jeff with Eric Marienthal a couple times, that was great.

• Like 1

Awesome. The bass has a very live tone yet is controlled in the mix. Saxes excellent, loved the occasional double tracking there, very smooooth. Maybe a tad less rvb on the electric guitar funk riffs?  YMMV but they seem a tad out of the way. they are panned right side which is nice but a bit back, maybe add back some upper-end EQ to the elec guitar to bring it out a bit in the mix? I dunno.

Loved it!

cheers,

-Tom