Reason 12 Upgrade

Larry Shelby

REASON 12 UPGRADE

60% OFF

We wanna give you the best discount we've ever had on an upgrade... 60% off*!

Upgrade to Reason 12 today for just $79.6. Simply enter coupon code VIP60 at checkout. But hurry, this offer won't last long!

$70.31 with code FORUM at JRR

https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead-reason-upgrade

Edited by cclarry

Whoa! That's a fantastic price! Never seen it that low.

The update itself isn't bad. Not that much in it but Mimic is sorta fun and the search is WAY better - it loads as you type instead of having to hit enter at the end. I had upgraded because it was gonna have native M1 compatibility but that keeps being pushed back.

Edited by Luc
  • Sad 1

I upgraded every year from Reason 3 to Reason 6.5.  I was a superfan and used it every day. I bought a lot of supplemental products.  I even went to events in NYC where a Propellerhead guy would demonstrate the upcoming features.  I'd get so excited.  But once they had the Rack Extensions, they moved a lot of the most exciting new stuff there.  They lost me. The new versions didn't seem enough so, for the first time, I put off upgrading, hoping I'd like something better the next year.   After I dropped out for a few years, I got Komplete Ultimate, Omnisphere, Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, tons of high-quality effects, etc.  That was that.  Suddenly Reason didn't seem like something I needed anymore.  I had better stuff.  For example, with what I own, I would never use Humana Vocal Ensemble. Probably the same for Pangea. 

Out of nostalgia I signed up for Reason 11+ for $3.  And this sold me on not upgrading.  It was $3 worth spending.

This is the first time since 6.5 where I find myself actually interested.  I love the new Combinator and the new graphics.  I need another sampler like I need a new piano (ie I don't), but Mimic will certainly add more to the list of Combinator patches.  (To be honest, I will mainly use this to horse around with the Combinator presets.)  And of course, by switching now I would have the advances I do value like the Reason Rack, VST loading, Europa, etc

I'm also more interested in EDM and Electronic music now than I ever was before.

They've basically stoked my GAS by lowering the upgrade price from $129 to $70.  Such a deal!

Somebody talk me out of it, please!   ?

32 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I upgraded every year from Reason 3 to Reason 6.5.  I was a superfan and used it every day. I bought a lot of supplemental products.  I even went to events in NYC where a Propellerhead guy would demonstrate the upcoming features.  I'd get so excited.  But once they had the Rack Extensions, they moved a lot of the most exciting new stuff there.  They lost me. The new versions didn't seem enough so, for the first time, I put off upgrading, hoping I'd like something better the next year.   After I dropped out for a few years, I got Komplete Ultimate, Omnisphere, Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, tons of high-quality effects, etc.  That was that.  Suddenly Reason didn't seem like something I needed anymore.  I had better stuff.  For example, with what I own, I would never use Humana Vocal Ensemble. Probably the same for Pangea. 

Out of nostalgia I signed up for Reason 11+ for $3.  And this sold me on not upgrading.  It was $3 worth spending.

This is the first time since 6.5 where I find myself actually interested.  I love the new Combinator and the new graphics.  I need another sampler like I need a new piano (ie I don't), but Mimic will certainly add more to the list of Combinator patches.  (To be honest, I will mainly use this to horse around with the Combinator presets.)  And of course, by switching now I would have the advances I do value like the Reason Rack, VST loading, Europa, etc

I'm also more interested in EDM and Electronic music now than I ever was before.

They've basically stoked my GAS by lowering the upgrade price from $129 to $70.  Such a deal!

I guess that’s a great price to use it as a VST inside of another DAW, so at this price you probably won’t regret it

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

No. 
Sorry. 

• Haha 1

Also...

I'm such an idiot that I didn't know that Reason 12 came out 9 months ago.  I guess I stopped paying attention.  Checking out videos, etc, I see that some people were disappointed in it because they thought Reason botched the release--it wasn't ready. Lots of bugs.  Since then they have had five updates.  It's currently 12.2.6.  So I pray they've worked out the bugs.  Anybody have it? 

If I had upgraded when it was released, it would have cost $199!  Every upgrade of Reason before that was $129.   A $70 increase!  ?  As a long time fan of the company, I am stunned by this.  Either a bunch of nasty, scuzzy people took over and fired all the nice old staff, or... maybe they want people to sign up for Reason+?  Hmmmm....

This explains the talk of  60% off and  $120 off, which confused me.    $120 off $129 would be $9!  ?.   60% off would be $52.?

In fact, this deal is around 40% off what the upgrade price used to be,    Still the lowest price ever for a Reason upgrade.  Great deal, particularly for me, as I haven't upgraded since 6,5.   There's a lot of new features. 

Maybe next year they will raise the price of the upgrade to $299, so  we will be able to save $220!

i think this video is excellent.  A really great and honest summary of the history of Reason from early on to where we are today.  Most importantly, what the future looks like.  It's a very sad story from somebody who obviously has loved Reason for a long time. 

But it went up at the end of April, before today's crazy $79 update.    It doesn't look like the price increase on upgrades was successful.  An interesting idea to raise the price by $70 and then put out one of the weakest updates in Reason history.  And release a version that's not ready!  Classy.  This explains what @Fleer meant by this sale being "desperate."   I can't think of any other way to explain it.

Having said this, I may buy it today.  The future of Reason isn't important to me. There's enough in Reason 12 for me to want it.  They've come a long way since 6.5.  I think this is the perfect time for me to buy.   I take the long range view. Maybe there will be some nice features by the time Reason 20 comes along and they'll have a sweet deal like this one!  ?  And if not, there's a lot of abandonware in my computer right now that I love.  As long as it still works...

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

These upgrades used to be $129 list and $79 on sale from resellers until they hiked the it to $199 list last year, as TTF already hinted. 
Hence this $70-ish JRR sale isn’t that remarkable as the list hike was. 

• Like 1