So do you feel Lucky today ? On this marvelous Friday The 13 Th

37 minutes ago, craigb said:

You rowed over 15 miles, but didn't go anywhere?

Story of my life. It was brutal man. No rest period at all. 4 minute HIIT intervals with 1 minute rest @ slower SPM. Non-stop for 2 hours and ten minutes. Wednesday I did 7.25 miles, Thursday I did 11.25 miles. 

And I gained weight. I am so *****ing pissed. LOL

I'm going home next week and wanted to get to my pre-winter weight of 250. I did drop a lot but I've been stuck at 256 for a week. I get up from the machine and there's water on the floor from my sweat. I'm hydrating, eating, sleeping, taking my supps. I turned 51 Wednesday. I'm too old for this shit. LOL

Edited by Shane_B.

Lucky.

It's the slow part of the year for gigging. We played at a huge RV Resort that we do at least once a month.

When we started, only 4 people were there. By the time a half hour went by, the place was packed, and stayed that way until the gig was over.

Lucky us, that's good for job security. :D

We did play Stevie Wonder and Jeff Beck's "Superstition".

Notes ♫

• Like 3

On 5/13/2022 at 11:48 PM, Rain said:

See, I was actually born on the 7th hour, on the 7th day, on the 7th month. Weighing 7lbs, too.

So...

Nice  one Rain ! nice to see you here buddy .? Was your black cat looking over your shoulder and keeping an eye on you today .

A lot of the great Blues Cats  frequently had their songs featuring lyrics and stories  about how the the other world and Occult played into their personal Mojo .

It didn't matter if the stories were true or not because they should have been true ....

12 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

All I can really say is I was born when I was supposed to be. It was quite a ride but I don't remember any of it.

I have changed ever so slightly since then.

Yeah I feel you Bro , I loveed riding that ride myself  ? The only thing I remember is I keep trying to go back and ride the ride again ...

Every time I put up with all the BS it takes to find a new riding partner I get to the Gate they won't let me back in ...?

Kenny

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

The only thing I remember is I keep trying to go back and ride the ride again ...

?

I'm glad I don't remember any of it. The closest I have come to it since was the tunnel of love at the local theme park.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Took the grey cat to the vet to get clipped Friday. Not a good day for him.
Maybe he won't pee on my keyboard now.

I feel you.  At one point we had 11 cats and a small dog in the house.  My wife unilaterally decided to rescue a huge 75lbs Cane Corso. Needless to say, that broke the delicate balance.  And when one cat starts marking, it's like dominoes... Walked in on a crime scene almost every time I set foot out of the bedroom or my studio.

I think on the stove is the worst place I've dealt with. But keyboard is worse.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Nice  one Rain ! nice to see you here buddy .? Was your black cat looking over your shoulder and keeping an eye on you today .

A lot of the great Blues Cats  frequently had their songs featuring lyrics and stories  about how the the other world and Occult played into their personal Mojo .

It didn't matter if the stories were true or not because they should have been true ....

Yeah I feel you Bro , I loveed riding that ride myself  ? The only thing I remember is I keep trying to go back and ride the ride again ...

Every time I put up with all the BS it takes to find a new riding partner I get to the Gate they won't let me back in ...?

Kenny

Thank you, man! 

Indeed, the idioms they use in their lyrics are fascinating. And not too easy to wrap your head around when you're a French speaking teenager from Canada. lol

Fortunately, I'd been listening to Led Zeppelin for a while when I started listening to the real thing. They had stolen so many of those idioms that I kind of knew what I was dealing with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Took the grey cat to the vet to get clipped Friday. Not a good day for him.
Maybe he won't pee on my keyboard now.

Woah ! sounds like he had a tough day ....it has been years since I had a cat .

I do remember some of the antics they used to pull. They seem to like to get away with things and then flaunt it right to your face .

Dogs ain't no Saints either ? I had one Pitbull that thought she was a carpenter . She took the wooden legs of my full sized couch and proceeded to  chew  them down to the size of a medium sized box of tooth picks . 

At least with a dog when you bust them  they do know how to put on that sad I'm sorry face while they assume an all droopy looking posture .

Yeah ! don't be fooled ,  it's all an act ?

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz